starting strength gym
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Training for Powerlifting at Planet Fitness (I’m not joking!)

Default Back to the lab

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by J. Killmond View Post
    The video turned out great, and I'm glad the meet went so well.

One thing I wanted to mention--if you're in the Charm City, have you ever looked at Fivex3 Training. They are a Starting Strength affiliate gym, not too far from the Fells Point:

Fivex3 Training - A Strength and Conditioning Gym |

Coach Socolinsky has a lot of great content up on the Starting Strength website.
    Thank you! Yes, I am in Baltimore, but Fells Point isn’t really close to where I live and work. It looks like a very good facility with good coaches. If they allow guests to train there, I might pay a visit some time. But I’d understand if they’re only allowing their members during everything going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Fantastic work, Kaisheem!

And what a great experiment with PF. We haven't used one, and as soon as we saw the Lunk Alarm go off during your deadlift, we were "Oh, Hell No!". But even after the explanation (closing), we stand by our response. Although I do understand the desire for it, after watching bros at our local gym slamming empty bars into racks just to draw attention.

That was quite the production for that USAPL meet. I'm glad that they put on quite a show.

Lastly, we had a laugh about you using the hydro-massage. My wife is a massage therapist, which does come in handy during training and meets. But she's never done a hydro-massage and you've got her curious.

Congratulations on going 9/9 and keeping your strength through all of this. We look forward to more.
    Thank you! I’m pretty sure that meet was the best I’ve ever competed in, with the possible exception of the Arnold Sports Festival. The director/state chairman has made it clear that he wants to host Raw Nationals, and he has been building on heck of a resume to show that he’s qualified to make it happen. Aside from the bells and whistles, one thing I didn’t cover in the video is that this was a 2-platorm, 2-session meet that ran almost flawlessly. That includes enforcing serious Covid restrictions that kept morning session lifters and spectators from mingling with those for the afternoon session. In warmups, nobody shared a rack/bench/platform with more than 2 other lifters. There was so much space. Needless to say, I’m glad Virginia is a neighboring state.

BACK TO THE LAB

I’ve been in the gym twice since the meet. Starting on January 1, I’ll move into the Masters 1b age division, since I turn 45 next year. There are 2 Maryland state records (squat and total) for M1b at 105 kg (231 lbs) that I believe I can get. But I’m going to have to (re)gain some weight to (re)fill out this frame.

Coming out of the gate, my training focus is hypertrophy. One of the tools I plan to use is variety, so long as gyms are allowed to stay open. If all goes well, I’ll be training 3 days per week, and most likely that will be Tu-Th-Sat/Sun. I have everything split into 2 days, and I’ll rotate them. So, it will go something like A1, B1, A2, B2, A3, B3, repeat.

A days: legs, traps, triceps, calves, abs - squats and deadlifts will get done on some of the A days
    B days: chest, back, biceps, forearms, calves, abs - bench press will get done on some of the B days

I’m a fan of high intensity type training (Dorian Yates, DoggCrapp, etc), particularly for hypertrophy. Plus, I don’t have a lot of time to train these days. I have to get as much as I can into, and out of, each training session. Getting back to training post-meet, I’m working up to one top set that will be at or close to failure. After I run through this A1-B3 rotation once, I’ll start adding back-off sets, rest-pause, clusters, and maybe drop sets to the mix. That will just depend on the exercise, and how I’m feeling.

If you happen to be new to the log, I notate sets as “weight/reps”. On the Smith machine and leg press, you’ll see “weight+” to indicate the weight of the plates and acknowledging the bar/sled also weighs something.

And of course, I’m still delivering mail. So...

Tue. 11/17

Work: 9 hours, 45 minutes, 8.6 miles, 18,108 steps, 27 floors climbed

1. Hammer Strength Ab Crunch Machine

30/15
    50/15 (pause for one deep breath after 10)
    70/10 @10 RPE
    50/10 @9.5 RPE

2a. Calf Press (on Hammer Strength Leg Press)

90+/15 - moderate speed
    90+/15 - slow negative, 1 count pause at the bottom, explode to the top

2b. Weighted Calf Stretch (on same leg press)

90+/3 straight minutes, split as: 30 sec. left, 30 sec. right, 30 sec. left, 30 sec. right, 30 sec. rest, 30 sec. both

3. Hammer Strength Leg Press

180+/10
    360+/12
    540+/10 - added mouth guard
    650+/10
    750+/8 @9 RPE

4. Smith Machine Shrugs

90+/12
    180+/10
    230+/10 - added Versa Gripps and mouth guard
    270+/10 @9 RPE

5. Seated Leg Curl

70/10-15 - I lost count somehow
    100/12
    130/12 @9 RPE

6. Triceps Pressdown

30/12
    50/12
    70/10 @940@9 RPE

Thu. 11/19

Work: 8.5 hours, 8.8 miles, 18,737 steps, 11 floors climbed

1. Smith Machine Decline BP - used 2 25 lbs plates under the bench to create the decline

bar/20
    50+/14
    100+/10
    150+/8
    180+/11 @10

2. Standing OHP (Smith Machine)

Bar/10
    50+/10
    80+/10
    95/8 @9.5 RPE

3. Barbell Row

bar/17
    90+/12
    140+/10
    180+/8 @8 RPE - started using Versa Gripps and mouth guard
    205/11

4a. Seated Calf Press (on a Smith Machine)

bar/10-15
    50+/15
    100+/15

4b. Standing Weighted Calf Stretch - on Smith machine

180+/3 minutes total: 30 L, 30 R, 30 L, 30 R, 30 rest, 30 both

5. Pull-ups

BW/10 wide, overhand
    BW/10 underhand, just inside shoulders
    BW/8 neutral

6. Abdominal Crunch/Sit-Up Machine

50/15
    75/15
    100/10 + 10 - took 5 deep breaths at that halfway point

Both sessions done in one hour and maybe 5 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by K.Diesel View Post
    Aside from the bells and whistles, one thing I didn’t cover in the video is that this was a 2-platorm, 2-session meet that ran almost flawlessly. That includes enforcing serious Covid restrictions that kept morning session lifters and spectators from mingling with those for the afternoon session.
    As a fun aside, as soon as we finished watching your meet video, the suggestion (on Friday) was the live stream of the US Collegiate Powerlifting meet. They had two platforms, which meant two streams. We set them up split screen and could barely keep up with how fast they were moving through the competitors. We knew it was live, since we could hear the announcer from platform one bleed over into the feed for platform two. It was a smooth, almost flawless operation through the deadlift sessions.

Also, we saw some very, very, very interesting techniques to pull the bar off the floor. Some worked.

Default 2 For 1 - 11/21 and 11/24

As a fun aside, as soon as we finished watching your meet video, the suggestion (on Friday) was the live stream of the US Collegiate Powerlifting meet. They had two platforms, which meant two streams. We set them up split screen and could barely keep up with how fast they were moving through the competitors. We knew it was live, since we could hear the announcer from platform one bleed over into the feed for platform two. It was a smooth, almost flawless operation through the deadlift sessions.

Also, we saw some very, very, very interesting techniques to pull the bar off the floor. Some worked.
    Wow, now I need to go look at some of those deadlifts. The way your phrased that is funny! I’m visualizing all kinds of goofy pull methods.

I need to log 2 sessions in this post, so please forgive me for a longer entry.

Sat. 11/21 - A2: quads, hamstrings, calves, abs, triceps, traps/rear delts

I went to work on one of my off days. As we head into our busiest time of year, that’s probably going to be fairly normal in December. In this case, it didn’t feel too bad because I had been off on Monday, making this essentially the 5th day of a work week. Plus, I only had to deliver my route without part of another route tacked on.

Work: 8 hours, 7.9 miles, 17,485 steps, 4 flights climbed

Smith Machine High Bar Squat
    - weight notated as plate weight +Smith bar

bar/8
    90+/8
    180+/8
    270+/8 - started using mouth guard
    320+/8 @9 RPE (took 2 deep breaths after reps 4 and 6, never re-racked it)

Oxygen gave out before my quads on the top set. If I never mentioned it, or if you missed it previously, I have asthma and squats tend to make me remember that. High bar is not comfortable at all. I was seriously considering using that pad for the bar, but couldn’t bring myself to do it. 😁

Leg Extension

100/10

150/10
    200/15 @9.5 RPE - used mouth guard

Prone Leg Curl - we weren’t at our normal PF, so I had to take advantage of having this available

75/10
    120/10
    Drop set: 140/6 + 125/4 + 105/6 - used mouth guard. The drop was unplanned. I overshot the starting weight by a lot. Chalk it up to not using this machine regularly. If I go back to this particular PF soon, I’ll top out at 125-130.

Weighted Calf Stretch - on horizontal leg press

100/45 seconds right, then 45 left, then 45 right, then 45 left, then 160/90 seconds with both feet

Triceps Press Machine

100/12

160/15
    205/14 @9 RPE - used mouth guard

Rear Delt Machine

60/10

100/10
    150/10 @9.5 RPE - should have used 135-140

Total Gym Abs Sled

3 sets of 12

Tue. 11/24 - B2: chest, delts, back, biceps, calves, abs

Work: 10.0 hours, 9.5 miles, 20,647 steps, 29 flights climbed

Torso Rotation Machine

50/25 right + 25 left

75/25 right + 25 left
    100/25 right + 25 left

Calf Extension Machine - finally figured out how to use this. PF is the only place I’ve ever seen it.

70/10
    130/10
    Weighted stretch: 70/30 seconds left + 30 right + 60 seconds left + 60 right
    150/15
    Weighted stretch: 150/60 seconds both

Hammer Strength Shoulder Press

30 per side/15-18 (lost count)
    50 per side/10

70 per side/10 - put on elbow sleeves, stayed on for the rest of the workout
    90 per side/10 - added mouth guard
    100 per side/10 @9.5 RPE

Hammer Strength Pulldown - underhand grip

50 per side/15
    80 per side/12
    100 per side/10 @8 RPE - added mouth guard
    120 per side/11 @10 RPE - added Versa Gripps

Hammer Strength Chest Press

40 per side/12

80 per side/10 @7.5 RPE
    Drop set: 100 per side/8 + 90 per side/3 @10 RPE - used mouth guard. Drop was unplanned. I just didn’t want to be under 10 reps on my top set this early in my new training cycle.

Hammer Strength Row
    ​ - underhand grip

50 per side/16 - stopped after 6 to adjust seat and chest pad
    80 per side/10 @7.5 RPE - added mouth guard
    100 per side/12 @10 RPE - added Versa Gripps

Spent about 10 minutes at the end of this session doing DoggCrapp style stretches for pecs, lats, delts and biceps.

I’m still feeling a few things out on some of these exercises in my first round through these workouts. God willing, I’ll do A3 tomorrow and B3 on Friday. But Friday is the day after Thanksgiving in the U.S. The last day I worked after a federal holiday (Veterans’ Day, 11/11), I didn’t get off until 10:30 pm. So I know there’s a chance that B3 won’t happen until Saturday. That’s fine if that’s how it goes. Next week, I’ll start this rotation again with an increased emphasis on driving my top set to failure on just about every exercise except squats, leg presses, deadlifts and abs. Also, I’m going to try to make sure I call the right weights for my top sets, because I don’t want to be doing drop sets yet. 😄

Default Wed. 11/25

Wake-up weight Thu. 11/26: 206.8 lbs
    Wake-up weight Fri. 11/17: 209.2 lbs

That, my friends, is the Thanksgiving Effect. 😃 If only I could get that weight to stick around... 😞
    I might have to do something I really don’t want to do, and that’s count/track calories and macros. Apparently, what I’m doing outside the gym isn’t working. The scale is going the wrong way. I put it on once, so I’m sure I can figure it out again. But it’s not nearly as easy this time around.

Wed. 11/25 - A3: quads, hamstrings, calves, traps/rear delts (skipped abs & triceps)

Work: 9.25 hours, 8.8 miles, 18,790 steps, 13 floors climbed

*NOTE* - weights on the Smith machine are written as the plate weights + bar

Smith Machine Deadlift - standing on 2 plates stacked

bar/15 - RDL this set to get loose
    bar/8
    90+/8
    180+/8
    270+/8 - added Versa Gripps
    320+/8 - added mouth guard
    360+/8 @8 RPE

For me, this is high reps on the deadlift. 😂 I’m pretty happy with this, considering the pace I kept and the fact that I didn’t use my belt on the top set. Actually, I’m trying not to use my belt at all for the time being.

Smith Machine Romanian Deadlift - still on the plates

180+/10 - still using Versa Gripps
    230+/10 @8.5 RPE

Leg Extension

100/15
    135/12
    160/17 @9.5 RPE

Calf Press & Stretch (on horizontal leg press)

Stretch: 80/30 seconds left + 30 right
    Press: 125/15 - explosive press to top, one count hold, 5 count negative
    Stretch: 175/60 seconds, rest 15 seconds, 220/60 seconds

Rear Delt Machine

85/20
    115/15 (paused for 3 deep breaths after rep 10)

At this point, it was 12:15 am, and I was just ready to go home. That’s why I skipped abs and triceps. This took me just under an hour (50-something minutes) to complete.

I did end up delivering a route and a half today. As I suspected, that meant no training today, which is fine. I’ll train session B3 tomorrow (my youngest daughter’s 8th birthday!), and I’m off both days this weekend. That should give me a nice end to this A1-B3 rotation, and it will put me back on my Tue/Thu/Sat lifting schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Diesel View Post
    ...and the fact that I didn’t use my belt on the top set. Actually, I’m trying not to use my belt at all for the time being.
    Have you typically used your belt on your deads?

Today I was going for my 2020 deadlift PR of 320x5. I typically haven't used a belt for the deads, mostly because I haven't found the right spot for it to settle and would rather just pull than fuss with it. For some reason, I thought I'd use it today on my work set. Twice I pulled, and that bar was glued to the floor. Frustrated, as the 315x5 last Sunday pulled pretty smooth as did the very last warmup pull (300x1), I pulled off the belt and considered dropping weight, but not before trying again. Those 5 pulls were just as smooth as the 315.

I know that I'll need to get used to it eventually, but am curious on your thoughts, especially since you are trying to do without for now. Thanks!

Default Sat. 11/28*

Have you typically used your belt on your deads?

Today I was going for my 2020 deadlift PR of 320x5. I typically haven't used a belt for the deads, mostly because I haven't found the right spot for it to settle and would rather just pull than fuss with it. For some reason, I thought I'd use it today on my work set. Twice I pulled, and that bar was glued to the floor. Frustrated, as the 315x5 last Sunday pulled pretty smooth as did the very last warmup pull (300x1), I pulled off the belt and considered dropping weight, but not before trying again. Those 5 pulls were just as smooth as the 315.

I know that I'll need to get used to it eventually, but am curious on your thoughts, especially since you are trying to do without for now. Thanks!
    Yes sir, I normally use a belt for deadlifts once they get past a certain weight. The only reason I’m not planning to use it now is because I’m doing higher reps than I normally would for deadlifts, so the weight is lower than what I would be using for a heavy single or low rep set. I think there may be some carryover to whenever I do put the belt back on. However, I have encountered a few lifters over the years who are more comfortable deadlifting without a belt. They seem to be in the minority, but they exist. I remember one guy in particular who is also from Maryland, and we were both lifting at the Arnold (this was probably 10 years ago). He missed his 2nd deadlift (it looked like it weighed 200 lbs more than he called for), took off the belt because he said it didn’t feel right and was getting in his way, and nailed it on his 3rd attempt. That was the first time I noticed that phenomenon. I don’t know why it happens, but you’re not alone.

Congratulations on the 2020 PR!

Sat. 11/28* - B3: chest, delts, back, biceps, abs, calves

* I started my first set at midnight, so technically, this was on 11/29. But I left for the gym on Saturday and I went to sleep for the night after training, so I’m counting it as a Saturday. Also, this was not my normal Planet Fitness. In our state, different jurisdictions are allowed to set their own Covid restrictions, as long as they are not less restrictive than state mandates. They can either be the same as the state’s or more restrictive than the state’s. The PF’s in Baltimore City (my normal PF is in the city) close at 10pm on Friday, and 7pm on Sat/Sun, and locker rooms/showers are closed (restrooms open). The PF’s in Baltimore County are still 24/7/365, and locker rooms/showers are open. Don’t ask me how that makes sense. Anyway, I went to a PF on the same street as the one I normally go to, but it happens to be another 15 minutes away from my normal PF, across the city/county line.

Final note: the machines look similar, but the ones at this PF are a different brand, and have slightly different seats and angles than my normal ones. My PF has Life Fitness and Hammer machines. The ones at this county PF are Precor machines. Even the track on the Smith machines are a bit different. Mostly the same, and still effective, but I can tell the difference.

Calf Press & Stretch - done on a horizontal leg press

110/10 - 3 second negatives on each rep
    150/10 @8RPE - same tempo
    stretch: 100/30 seconds left + 30 right
    stretch: 200/60 seconds both x 2 (30 seconds rest in between)

Rotary Torso Machine

60/15 left + 15 right
    75/15 left + 15 right

I like the torso rotation machine at my normal PF a lot more than this one. I don’t think I’ll use this one again.

Incline Bench Press - bench on first notch above flat, only listing the weight of the plates

bar/15
    50+/11
    90+/8
    130+/8
    160+/8 - added mouth guard
    180+/8 @9.5 RPE

I did these with a hand towel rolled up and tucked under my shirt. As I got closer to the meet, benching heavier and more often on the Smith machine, my shoulders didn’t feel good. So now, I’m being more cautious with technique, and trying to make sure I’m not hurting anything. The towel is a guide to give me a good range of motion while keeping me from bringing the bar all the way to my chest. I brought the declines all the way down last week without a problem, but I’m hesitant to do that with the inclines - especially since there may not be a need to on that exercise anyway.

Seated Cable Row - neutral grip V-handle

50/15
    90/15
    120/12 - added Versa Gripps
    150/10
    190/11 @10 RPE - added mouth guard

There was no 180 lb setting on the stack, so I jumped 40 lbs instead of another 30 to my last set. Good thing I did. These plates felt light. I did a good job controlling the negatives (deliberate, not exaggerated), and they still kept moving. I’ll take it.

Shoulder Press Machine - neutral grip

50/10
    85/10
    110/10 @7 RPE - added mouth guard; I thought this would be my top set
    130/12 @10 RPE

Seated Cable Pulldown - neutral grip, just outside shoulder width

80/12
    130/12
    170/14 9.5 RPE - added Versa Gripps and mouth guard; probably would have done 14 @10 with 175

Standing Cable Curls - short EZ bar handle

40/10
    70/15 9.5 - added mouth guard; probably would have done 15 @10 with 75

Now that I’ve gone through a full 2-week, 6 session cycle, I have a feel for what I want to do with this going forward. I like the flow and pace of these sessions, and I think I can probably cut 5-10 minutes off of them (this one took 1 hour 15 minutes) having gone through them once. That’s not a deal maker or breaker. I’d just like to save a little time, because in the next 2 weeks, I plan to add weighted stretches for each muscle group that gets trained in a session (except abs and traps). I also plan to add some intensifier to the top set of almost each exercise, and that will probably be some variation of rest-pause or drop set. My volume is low enough that I don’t expect any problems.

Default Tue. 12/1 - Start of 2nd Cycle

Weighed 211.4 yesterday morning, and 210.0 this morning. That’s a nice trend in the right direction (up from 206.8-207.4).

12/1 Work: 10.0 hours, 8.9 miles, 19,040 steps, 16 flights climbed

A1: quads, hams, calves, abs, traps/rear delts, triceps

Calf Press & Stretch - on Hammer Strength leg press, listing weight of plates + sled

90+/20 - 3 second negative on each rep
    Stretch: 90+/30 seconds, bilateral
    180+/25 - quick tempo, pump reps
    Stretch: 180+/60 seconds

Leg Press - Hammer Strength, listing weight of plates + sled

90+/10
    180+/12
    270+/12
    360+/10
    450+/10 - added mouth guard, wasn’t sure how this would go
    550+/4 - primer set
    500+/15 @9 RPE

Seated Leg Curl

70/15
    100/12
    145/5 - primer set
    130/20 @8.5 RPE - I don’t know if I would have failed within 1-2 reps or not. I just know I couldn’t tolerate the burn/pump any more.

Triceps Pressdown
    - w/rope attachment, flaring ends of rope out at the bottom of each rep

40/15
    65/7 @8.5 - probably too hard to consider a primer set
    Drop set: 60/10 + (no rest) 50/5 + (3 deep breaths) 50/3 + 1 cheat rep w/slow negative

Rear Delt Machine

70/12
    100/10
    115/10 x 2 sets
    Torso Rotation Machine

70/25 left + 25/right x 2 sets

Also did DC-style stretches (60 seconds+) for quads and hamstrings (both after leg press) and triceps (after the rotation).

1 hour, 12 minutes total

Default Back To Back Days, Plus An Update

BACK TO BACK DAYS

I was more tired than normal on Thursday, so I decided to skip it and train on consecutive days Fri/Sat. This way, I could stay on my normal schedule as far as the week goes, and I would have off two days before a planned session on Tuesday.

Fri. 12/4 - B1: chest, delts, back,abs (skipped abs, biceps)

Work: 9.0 hours, 7.7 miles, 16,439 steps, 19 flights climbed

*Reminder: Smith Machine exercises are listed with plate weights + bar*

Smith Machine Decline Bench Press - low decline, foot of bench was elevated by 2 10-lbs plates

bar/15
    90+/10
    140+/10
    180+/8 @7.5 RPE - last time, my heaviest set of this exercise was 180+/11 @10 RPE
    220+/3 - added mouth guard; primer set, but probably a little heavier than necessary
    rest-pause: 195+/9+2 - took 10 deep breaths after the 9 reps; static hold after the 9 and the 2

Smith Machine BB Row - doing these much more strictly than normal, so weights are down from last time

bar/10
    90+/10
    140+/10 - added Versa Gripps
    180+/7 @9 RPE - added mouth guard; felt hips rise on last rep, so I shut it down
    160+/10 @10 RPE - stopped once I felt I couldn’t keep my low back from rounding

Smith Machine Standing Overhead Press - started each set/rep with a negative

bar/10
    50+/10
    80+/8
    100+/4 - primer set; added mouth guard
    90+/8 @10 RPE

Pull-ups - left the bar locked at the top, and did these on the Smith machine

BW/10 wide overhand
    BW/10 medium overhand
    BW/10 medium underhand

Done in 55 minutes.

Sat. 11/5 - A2: quads, hams, calves, traps/rear delts (skipped abs, triceps)

Last cycle, I did squats on A2 and deadlifts on A3. I switched them this time, so I could have an extra day off of training after deadlifts. I’ll do squats on A3. I also did this session at a PF with a prone leg curl, so I did those, and will plan to do RDL on A3 after squats.

Calf Press & Stretch - on horizontal leg press (Life Fitness machine)

Stretch: 100/60 seconds left + 60 seconds right
    Press: 205/20 - controlled, 1 second negative on each rep
    Stretch: 205/60 seconds both

Smith Machine Deadlift - standing on a pair of 25 lbs plates (per foot)

bar/15 - first 10 on floor, then added plates; also did 10 squats before standing on the plates
    90+/8
    180+/8
    270+/8 - added Versa Gripps
    320+/8 - added mouth guard
    360+/10 @9.5 RPE - 2 more reps than I got with this weight last time

Prone Leg Curl

60/12
    90/10 - hamstrings were pumped - I wasn’t sure I should go up on the next set
    drop set: 120/12 + 105/7

Standing, unilateral hamstring stretch: 45 seconds left + 45 right + 30 seconds left + 30 right

Leg Extensions

90/15
    130/12
    165/20 @10 - added mouth guard; had to pause for a deep breath after reps 17 and 18

Standing, unilateral quad stretch: 60 seconds left + 60 right

Done in 60 minutes.

UPDATE

So... I may have mentioned that I have asthma in this log before. Earlier this week (Tue/Wed), my chest was feeling tight when I woke up. That’s unusual for me in the morning, but my inhaler seemed to give me some relief. I also started coughing a bit with the tight chest - normal when my asthma flares up. By yesterday, I also had this odd feeling of being congested and coughing, but never coughing up anything. I also noticed that I was a little light-headed and getting out of breath even more easily, like from going up or down the stairs. I said that I thought I should go to an urgent care center, and my oldest daughter (15) who has worse asthma than me asked if she could go with me, because she had been feeling similar symptoms for a few days. I didn’t know that until she told me yesterday.

So with 2 of us experiencing respiratory problems, you can imagine what I was thinking. Sure enough, we went and both of us got tested for Covid. I also got an x-ray because I started feeling a pain in my chest, just right of center. The x-ray was fine, but we won’t have our results for a few days. My wife, who had started feeling bad herself, said that while we were out, she had developed a sore throat as well, so she went after we got home, and they tested her too.

For the time being, we’re all quarantined at home until we know our status. Needless to say, I won’t be at Planet Fitness this week. I suppose this is a good time to assemble the rack and bench I’ve purchased, and organize the basement so I can eventually train at home, at least part time. I don’t have enough plates to do what I need to do here, and I’ve actually come to like some of the equipment at PF. I can see myself splitting my training between here and there. But first, I need to find out whether I’m dealing with coronavirus or just some random respiratory illness. I’ll update once I find out.

Yikes! Hopefully it's just seasonal stuff.

Regardless, recover well.

starting strength coach development program
    Yikes! Hopefully it's just seasonal stuff.

Regardless, recover well.
    Thank you Bill!

Update:

Our tests were negative. 🙂 But I’m not feeling any better. 🙁 I have the same symptoms, and it hasn’t changed much (better or worse) for a week now. Sometimes, I don’t feel bad at all, but then a few minutes later I might be short of breath and/or coughing for no apparent reason. I haven’t been to work all week. I want to train, but I’m not sure that’s a good idea. Maybe I’ll do some pull-ups and presses here at home. 🤷🏾‍♂️

I have a virtual follow-up with my primary doctor tomorrow afternoon. We’ll see what happens.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast