Thread: Cole's HLM/TM

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    12/26
    Volume

Squat - 315 x 5 x 5
    Bench Press - 260 x 5 x 5

--> Weights moved well today, for now going up 10 on lower and 5 on upper.
    --> Had my usual 4 eggs, 2 packets oatmeal, and protein shake for breakfast then did this an hour later or so. Listened to Disturbed, FFDP, and Zombie.
    --> Moved a zero gravity chair next to my platform so I can chill between sets...I guess I am a true powerlifter now. Changed rest times between sets to 5 minutes lower body, 4 minutes upper. Will have to adjust those up as the load increases.

squat 315x5 - YouTube
    bench press 260x5 - YouTube

12/28
    Recovery

Paused Squat - 250 x 5 x 3
    Press - 130 x 5 x 3
    Chins (+2.5lbs) - 5, 5, 5

--> Good recovery day today, squats were incredibly easy. Working on setting the back and trying not to get too horizontal in the bottom. I have a tendency to let the weight crush my upper body into my thighs, which makes it tough as the load increases thats usually how I end up stapled. Press went well, its such a technical lift. Using press 1.0 version really trying to utilize the bounce from start. Chins adding some weight week to week now. Ready for intensity day friday, weights are still pretty low there so I dont have any anxiety about it but I miss the "heavy" feeling.

12/30
    Intensity

Squat - 365 x 1 x 5
    Bench Press - 285 x 1 x 5
    DL - 415 x 1, 325 x 5

--> Squat singles were cake. Last set was a little off mid foot and hit upright on the ascent. Otherwise, I probably could have done this with 405 but I am working back up conservatively since I have a meet coming up. Bench singles felt tight. Shoulder holding up very well. DL single also easy, back off set way too easy. The only issue I had today was that 5 min is a little too long in between sets for intensity day, and I wasnt wearing enough clothes so I was getting actually cold in my garage. Just devoured a huge bowl of shepards pie and a protein shake. Next weeks volume day plan is 325 for squats and 265 for bench.

DL 415x1 - YouTube

1/2/2023
    Volume

Squat - 325 x 5 x 5
    Bench Press - 265 x 5 x 5

--> Squats were easy, bench was medium, and life was hard today. Way too high of stress outside of the gym. Gotta get that under control. Had to train at 7pm, first chance I got all day. My preference is morning, but it didnt really affect performance

1/4
    Recovery

Pause Squat - 260 x 5 x 3
    Press - 135 x 5 x 3
    Chins + 5lb - 5, 5, 5

--> Press felt easy, still working on the bar bounce. v 1.0 . Had to do this again after dinner due to work. Work has been super busy and I need to find some decent help. Ate sooo much for dinner. Was my sons 16th bday today and we gave him a car. Its a 20 year old mustang, but still pretty cool car for a teen. BW around 225 so Ill need to watch my weight so I can compete in the 100kg class next month.

press 135x5 - YouTube

1/6
    Intensity

Squat - 375 x 1 x 5
    Bench Press - 292 x 1 x 5
    DL - 425 x 1, 340 x 5

--> Man the squats were explosive tonight! The tighter I stay on the way down, the quicker the bar comes back up. Same for bench. Messed up my valsalva on second bench single, that was a slow rep and the only bad rep of the night. DL pull was ok, really need to work on raising the chest to create that back extension before I pull. Phone died before pulls so no video. Again, doing this very late in the night. I did not have one minute of free time to train until after dinner. Now I feel guilty bc I havent seen my kids. Sometimes being self employed sucks.

squat 375x1 - YouTube
    bench press 292x1 - YouTube

1/9
    Volume

Squat - 330 x 5 x 5
    Bench - 267 x 5 x 5

--> Was going up 10/5 the first 3 weeks of TM. Now into week 4 I went 5/2.5 - I probably could still be doing 10/5 jumps but I figure I will play it conservative rather than burning out quick. Finally got to do this one at a decent hour of the day rather than night time. Bodyweight around 220 am, which is perfect. My cardio is trash.

squat 330x5 - YouTube

1/11
    Recovery

Pause Squat - 265 x 5 x 3
    Press - 137 x 5 x 3
    Chins (+7.5lbs) - 5, 5, 5

-->Nice easy recovery day, had to do this at 7pm, right after dinner. 1st minute of free time all day. I've been too busy lately but I hired 2 new staff so Im hoping for some relief soon. Also, bought tickets for the Avs - Capitals game Jan 24th, 7 rows up. Maybe Ill get to see Ovechkin score a goal. That would be chill.

1/13
    Intensity

Squat - 385 x 1 x 5
    Bench Press - 300 x 1 x 5
    DL - 435 x 1, 350 x 5

--> Good singles today, I setup my DL top single with shins too close to the bar so it was more like a stiff leg deadlift. I concentrate too hard on setting up 1in from the bar and I get too close. Then on back off set I set up just where it "feels" right and it was perfect; enough drop so that I could get quads involved but still high enough that my hips werent dropping and I was able to stay out in front of the bar. DL singles have always been my weak point. I need to start lifting earlier in the day.

squat 385x1 - YouTube
    bench press 300x1 - YouTube
    DL 435x1 - YouTube

starting strength coach development program
    1/16
    Volume

Squat - 335 x 5 x 5
    Bench Press - 270 x 5 x 5

--> Still prefilling my paper log book, which means this is still fairly easy. Getting a little tougher, needed all 5 minutes of my rest times between sets. I know that getting stronger is hard, and if you want to get strong you have to be uncomfortable sometimes. I know it will get heavy soon, well see how long I can stick with it.
    --> kids home from school today which meant I had to do this after dinner. Should be able to get the next two sessions done after breakfast. Much preferable for me.

squat 335x5 - YouTube
    bench press 270x5 - YouTube

Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast