• starting strength seminar february 2025
    9/23
    volume

squat
    325 x 5 x 5

bench press
    255 x 5 x 5

notes
    everything felt really nice today. i switched to thumbs around on squat grip to give my flared up elbows a break, and while it wasnt as comfortable, and it made my palms hurt, it was manageable and gave my elbows some rest. i may have lost count on bench and done 6 sets. not sure. it was nice to combine the work today since load isnt very high yet. i only needed 5 min rest for squat and 4 for bench. first session as a 41 yr old, very encouraging. i cant believe im "past my prime" already though and it makes me mad, so im gonna set high goals and expectations for myself. i dont buy it that 40 is old and i plan on spending the rest of my 40's hitting all time PR's.

video
    Squat - YouTube

9/25
    recovery

squat
    275 x 5 x 2

press
    145 x 5 x 3

chins

notes
    i really love squats. its nice to have a light day back. i get good practice and the stretch feels awesome after the volume day squats on monday. presses were easy. my delts are begging for more weight on the bar. still have some inner bicep tendon pain while doing chins so im doing less than 15 bodyweight reps on those. i want to give the tendon some work but not aggravate it. anyways, fuck Iran and happy wednesday.

starting strength coach development program
    9/27
    intensity day

squat
    360 x 5

bench
    285 x 5

DL
    400 x 5

notes
    first off, everything moved well and felt great. my low back is awesome right now thank god. always seems to do pretty well on SS type programs that dont overdo volume and pulling. another reason i need to remember to stick with HLM and TM whenever i get tempted to stray. anyways, i did lose my balance on the last rep of squat set which was weird. im gonna be generous to myself and say its bc the weight was moving faster than i anticipated. more likely it was kinesthetic stupidity. bench moved awesome, will make 5 pound jumps for a couple more weeks. and pulls were great too. bodyweight hovering between 220-230 with 39-40 in waist. i dont count macros but im eating 3 meals per day with protein source at each meal and 2 shakes a day. i would guess around 3000-3500 cal and between 180-220g protein. i prob need to add a shake and just do a shake with every meal, which is a pain in the ass but i dont eat enough so it is probably necessary.

my wife got tickets to the Rockies baseball game tonight so ill be heading down to denver with the family. should be a good time and there should be plenty of food since it will be her boss' suite. then tomorrow im doing an all day pistol course with my brother to get more skillz with my glock. should be a good couple days.

video
    Squat - YouTube
    Bench - YouTube
    DL - YouTube
    Last edited by Cole Gorton; 09-27-2024 at 11:11 AM.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132