Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry R's log

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Perhaps a consult with Rip or Sully?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    Perhaps a consult with Rip or Sully?
    I didn't know either one of them were a doctor! Can they give epidural injections?

Sully is a doctor, but don't know what he can/can't/be willing to do. Rip definitely isn't.

Regardless, both have plenty of experience coaching folks with all kinds of issues and can probably give some advice on ways to continue training to minimize strength losses between now and your meet in May.

Thanks for the info but I have it covered. I have had my back and neck broken in the past, about 17 years ago. I also have had bulging discs before. After I get my injection next week I can start doing squats again as long as I don't go above about 300 pounds. No deadlifts until the meet.

We'll be looking forward to you crushing those records in May (and September)!

Thanks Bill. I know I will set a new national squat record but might have to wait until September for the deadlift and total as I will not be able to train the deadlift for up to 3-4 months.

Well crap, the lung infection is from the flu! Geez, I took the flu shot and this is the 2nd time I have had the flu in less than 4 months. I go to the back doctor in a couple of hours. I will have to go back later for my epidural injection. I am about to go nuts to go do my squats but I know I better wait until the doctor says it is ok and I am over this crud. I did a full squat workout once when I had the flu. I was so sore after that that it took about 5 days before I could lift again.

I got some very good news today. No shot just some simple exercises and pills. I can start lifting again next week. Still have to hold off with deadlifts for 3 weeks or so and then only go as heavy so that there is no pain. Next time I post it will be to log a workout!

That is great news, Jerry!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    That is great news, Jerry!
    Thanks Bill. No pain at all after doing the exercises. Goes to show we forget to do opposite exercises and then have imbalanced muscles. Now to get over this stupid lung infection and the flu/cold.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast