3@225
    3@275
    3@315
    1@350
    1@380
    5x3@335

Anderson pin squats
    5 singles with 285

I could have done 400+ today but I am not going to too soon. I plan on just going up 5 pounds a workout until the May 20 meet. That way I hope to peak around 430-435 pounds by May 20. If I can squat 429, which I know I can if I don't get sick or injured, that will raise the National squat record by 72 pound! I hope my back will heal up so I can pull 440 or so. If I can pull 440 that will raise the national record by 77 pounds!

My 22 year old training partner did 4 sets of 3 @410 and then 4 sets of 3@415. Then he pulled singles up to 690 and then bench 5@275 and I shut him down because he is supposed to do bench tomorrow. Silly kids, just like I was at 22!

Squats
    3@135
    3@225
    3@275
    3@315
    1@350
    1@385
    1@395

I got an injection in my bad shoulder Friday. They did an x-ray of my lower back. Now I have an appointment for an MRI Wednesday. They think I have a couple of compression fractures in my lower back just above the hip. I haven't been able to do bench or deadlifts. The injection in my shoulder made my lower back feel better. Maybe the MRI shows no fracture and they can give me an injection in the lower back. Two more meets and I will retire from competition. May 20 and September 16. My plan is to set 5 new state records and 3 national records and win national in September. You know, just another day! LOL.

I will not stop lifting just not competing. I will try to maintain while training to set the World Human Power Speed Challenge held every September for 1 week in Battle Mountain, NV.

Squats
    3@135
    3@225
    3@275
    3@315
    1@345
    1@370
    10@250
    8@280
    6@300

I am not a rep man but I thought I needed to do a few reps with lighter weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry R View Post
    Two more meets and I will retire from competition. May 20 and September 16. My plan is to set 5 new state records and 3 national records and win national in September. You know, just another day! LOL.

I will not stop lifting just not competing. I will try to maintain while training to set the World Human Power Speed Challenge held every September for 1 week in Battle Mountain, NV.
    That sounds like a fantastic plan, Jerry! No sense in continuing to beat yourself to a pulp, but it's certainly not a time to pack it all in.

Thanks Bill. I will probably try to maintain but start doing a lot more reps. My one goal is 3 sets of 10-12 with 315. I have wanted to go to Battle Mountain for over 8 years but something always came up, sickness, death in family, injuries, and broke parts. I will be buying the new Bulk velomobile and trying to reach 70 mph with just me pedaling.
    Bulk Velomobil / Buelk Velomobile - YouTube

I am not supposed to do deadlifts yet but I just had to try.

3@225
    3@275
    1@335
    1@365
    1@385

My lower back started giving out on me on the last pull. Tomorrow I get the MRI and hopefully it is just muscles.

What a day! I should have waited to do deadlifts on Tuesday. I went to squat today and had a very bad day. I did 365 and it was a struggle as my lower back was giving out on me. Went to unrack 385 and something popped in my lower back. I got nauseated and started sweating from my forehead, eyes, and back of the neck. I sat down then laid down for about 15 minutes. It kept feeling like I was going to throw up. I finally was able to gather my stuff up and limp to the van. Now I am waiting to find out what the MRI from yesterday says! I think I might take it easy for a couple of weeks!

Squats
    3@135
    3@225
    3@275
    1@315
    1@350
    1@365
    missed 385 because of lower back pain.

I will be glad when I hear the results from the MRI of my lower back. I am still getting nauseated and pain. The doctor might be right about compression fractures. The weight of the squats today might have done more damage. I guess the old saying you can't fix stupid is spot on! I don't really mind the pain but the rolling stomach and the feeling of throwing up sucks. The doctor says no matter the results no heavy lifting for 4-6 weeks or more. If it is strained muscles he says it can take over 6 months to heal. That would rule out National and that ain't gonna happen! I don't have that much more time to stay at this level.

starting strength coach development program
    Well damn, I just got the MRI results on my lower back. L-2 and L-3 slightly bulging and L-4 and L-5 very bad bulge. Some tissue damage and L-5 disc pinching L-5 nerve. Doctor recommends an Epidural injection and several weeks rest. I will not do any deadlifts until meet day and will do light squats for reps a couple of weeks. I am doing the meet in May. If the results aren't what I want then in September I'll get the results!

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast