starting strength gym
Page 2376 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 13761876227623262366237423752376237723782386 ... LastLast
Results 23,751 to 23,760 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yep. And I've seen it since pec decs first showed up in gyms in the late 70's. So it's nothing new. Nearly 40 years old. Nautilus had a machine specifically designed for it back then.

Quote Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
    What's with the new trend, sitting backwards in pec dec machine and doing it backwards?
    many machines are made specifically for that these days. They are reversible.

I see more of those (chest flye & rear delt combos) than I do a dedicated "pec deck" machine anymore.

For instance, our Globo has TWO combo machines (you can read delt flye in), and only one traditionally pec deck.

Now, if you say you saw a person somehow jammed into a dedicated pec-deck-only machine, trying to do rear delt flyes . . . well, that would be funny.

Just curious... I never saw anyone do it like that back in the day when I lifted in HS.

Now every time I go to the gym someone is sitting on Pec Dec machine backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by MBasic View Post
    many machines are made specifically for that these days. They are reversible.

I see more of those (chest flye & rear delt combos) than I do a dedicated "pec deck" machine anymore.

For instance, our Globo has TWO combo machines (you can read delt flye in), and only one traditionally pec deck.

Now, if you say you saw a person somehow jammed into a dedicated pec-deck-only machine, trying to do rear delt flyes . . . well, that would be funny.

It's not like the one in the video.. the little plaque on it makes no mention of being a rear delt flye machine..I believe its a dedicated pec dec machine.. handles are not like that, it has the upohlstered pads coming down where you put your arms

The model in the picture ought to wear a T-shirt. Rubbing all that exposed skin on the vinyl pad that everyone else sweats on, ick.

Saw a guy load up a bar in a rack-pull position with about 500 lbs of weight. Instead of a rack pull, he attempted to perform some behind-the-back shrugs. When the bar didn't budge, he walked over to one side of the loaded bar, presumably to unload some of the plates. Instead, he loads on more 45s, totaling some 700 lbs of weight on the bar. He strains against the bar for a short while, spends the next five minutes unloading all the shit, and then uses the remainder of the session to perform variations of curls. Haven't seen him since.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckFifty View Post
    Saw a guy load up a bar in a rack-pull position with about 500 lbs of weight. Instead of a rack pull, he attempted to perform some behind-the-back shrugs. When the bar didn't budge, he walked over to one side of the loaded bar, presumably to unload some of the plates. Instead, he loads on more 45s, totaling some 700 lbs of weight on the bar. He strains against the bar for a short while, spends the next five minutes unloading all the shit, and then uses the remainder of the session to perform variations of curls. Haven't seen him since.
    Isometric workout ...

IMG_2441.jpg

Lady being taught to deadlift by some guy. She's complaining about it not feeling balanced... he's saying 'that's because of muscle imbalances'.

We also have bumper plates... they are about 10 feet from that location.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawn View Post
    IMG_2441.jpg

Lady being taught to deadlift by some guy. She's complaining about it not feeling balanced... he's saying 'that's because of muscle imbalances'.
    Okay, this is one of the rare situations where you should actually say something. Please tell me you said something.
    Last edited by Sean Herbison; 12-05-2017 at 06:30 AM.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Please tell me you said something.
    For the love of all that is holy. As unsavory as using 35's is generally, using one 35 and one 25 is even worse.