Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Egg recipes for dude that doesn't like eggs a whole lot

Default Egg recipes for dude that doesn't like eggs a whole lot

So I am not a fan of eggs. Don't get me wrong, they're ok but not my favorite. This is unfortunate considering how good a source of protein they are. I am looking for egg recipes that are good that you can eat that every day. For these I would have to be able to either cook them the night before microwave the next morning or freeze and do same.

I have been looking at this one so far, with the only change being scrambling the eggs.

Mamma Rita's Eggs and Tomato Sauce Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I have also been considering making this

Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com

Thoughts?

I don't see the point of eggs if you don't like them. You need a shitload of eggs to get as much protein as in a regular piece of chicken or beef, and it comes with so much fat that it fills your fat quota for 2 or 3 meals.

Quote Originally Posted by kanahan View Post
    I don't see the point of eggs if you don't like them. You need a shitload of eggs to get as much protein as in a regular piece of chicken or beef, and it comes with so much fat that it fills your fat quota for 2 or 3 meals.
    So would you just have chicken for breakfast then?

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    make bacon. Fry eggs in bacon grease. Eat.
    Wrap in tortilla, IIFYM.
    Put a little pepper on them, or sautee onions in the bacon grease before adding eggs. Or some other vegetable.
    Or fry shredded potatoes in bacon grease, dump a bunch of eggs over that then cook.

Or make a ton of corned beef, and put some leftovers in a 2" deep pan, fill with eggs & potatoes, bake until the center is done.
    That sounds good. I'll have to figure out a lower cal version. I want to get into a diet that keeps my protein up but in a calorie range where I can start loosing body fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Simmons View Post
    Breakfast is stupid. I have early lunches, usually chicken or beef, sometimes pork, sometimes eggs with bacon. But I do like eggs.

You could do what I did for dinner last night: fry a cast iron pan full of carnitas nice and crisp, then crack eggs into it and cover 'till cooked.

That sounds delicious

So I put this together and will try to make them this weekend.

Breakfast burrito

Mission tortilla, large 200 calories 5g protein
    4 oz (maybe more, idk what'll fit) ground chicken breast 130 calories 24g protein
    2 scrambled eggs 160 calories 12g protein
    1 oz sharp cheeder cheese 113 7g protein
    Taco seasoning packet 22 calories

Calories 625 Protein 48grams

Quote Originally Posted by Clifford Simmons View Post
    Nothing wrong with that, I do it all the time.

Shakshuka

Its an Israeli/North Africa dish of eggs baked in a tomato base. I make mine non-Kosher/Halal by adding broiled italian sausage to it.

1 onion
    1 green/red bell pepper
    garlic cloves
    24oz can diced tomatos
    1lb of broiled italian sausage
    6-8 eggs
    Paprika, Red Pepper flakes, Salt and pepper to taste

Fry the onion and bell pepper and garlic until soft/slightly browned in a cast iron skillet while you are broiling/grilling the italian sausage.
    Add diced tomatos, and chopped up italian sausage and spices. Bake for 20 minutes at 375.
    Remove skillet, crack eggs over top of mixture, and bake for an additional 20 minutes

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast