starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: When to start programming haltings/rack pulls/deficit pulls?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JLascek View Post

I got my friend and training partner Chris to go from low 400s for sets of five to pulling 545x5 last year (singled at 625). He deadlifted weekly, then every ten days, then every two weeks (this was a slow progression). He has since gone to haltings and rack pulls, and will probably pull 700 very soon.
    Im curious Justin.....some quick background. Im 5'10"ish 230 and was making good progress on deads weekly. Then one week I was stuck at 405 and missing my complete 1x5 sets by 1-2 reps consistently for about 3 weeks.

I reset and and currently up to 395 again but am now missing reps at this weight. All the while I increase my calorie intake and milk intake. Im assuming I need to increase recovery time now to 10 days like you stated.

My question is this. 10 days rest would put my next deadlift session on volume days (im doing TX method now). Is that going to work? Last mondays routine was 375 4x5 squats which fatigue me a decent amount. And yes 4x5 as Rips suggests once the 5x5 becomes too much volume to recover from by friday. Or should I just go right to deads every two weeks?

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by JLascek
    I got my friend and training partner Chris to go from low 400s for sets of five to pulling 545x5 last year (singled at 625). He deadlifted weekly, then every ten days, then every two weeks (this was a slow progression). He has since gone to haltings and rack pulls, and will probably pull 700 very soon.

This is irrelevant for your purposes, because your limiting factor is your body weight.
    How did his bodyweight change over the same course of time?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234