starting strength gym
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What should I weigh minimum?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi,

I'm 6' and 194 pounds, I was 167 when I started SS.
    Much as I would like to get over 200, I've decided to try and stay with this weight for a while. I've already had all my trousers let out once, and had to buy new casual trousers too. I ride a bike, but both my old leather suit and Gore-Tex combo don't fit any more.
    I know I could gain more weight, but I just can't afford it, right now.

IPB

Quote Originally Posted by banthafodder View Post
    I'm a hair under 5'9" and weigh 208. I figure I want to get to about 230,
    Have you got a picture/form check video?

Im interested to know what 208 looks like.

I am 5'8" and ive been struggling to put on weight since I got to 155lb. I havent done GOMAD yet but am seriously tempted if it will make me grow big.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    . I havent done GOMAD yet but am seriously tempted if it will make me grow big.
    It will. It's an extra 120+ grams of protein every day, plus all that good (for a skinny guy) fat and calories. I dare you not to grow on that.

250 minimum at your height. I'm right under 5'11" and I went from 205 to 237. My waist has gone from loose 34 jeans, to tight 34s or loose 36s now, so not bad. I know I personally plan to make a push up towards 250 this year probably.

I just dug out a picture of me, thought I may aswell share. Please excuse bulges, sports underwear leaves little to the imagination:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...quatthighs.png

This is me, 155lb @ 5' 8" my BW and squat has both been stuck. I currently lift 85kg for 3x5

I often feel that I "look" like I should be lifting a lot more. I see freakishly skinny dudes squatting much much more than me. Everyone has a much better benc & press than me but I can easily attribute that to my naturally small shoulders & thin arms. My legs however look huge compared to other people squatting twice as much as me from just broscience bodybuilding type programming.

Dastardly, you owe us all a beer for picture!

You are 155 pounds, and way too skinny. Your legs look like they have some size, but you have a very small upper body. How do you expect your back to support 300-400 pounds?

I'm 5'9 and used to weigh 148 pounds. I had a 29 inch waste, and wasn't much thinner than you. Get up to 190 and you'll see your squat move up as well, and you won't be fat.

I'm 6' 1-2ish" and I weigh 290 and look like a big guy. I plan on going on a 50lb cut so I can lift in the 242's in the fall. Then, it's bulk time back up to the 275's.

At 6'1 I think you should realistically weigh 230-240 at a minimum to even look like you lift weights. Honestly you'd need to be more like 260 to really be "big".

I'm currently at about 5'9 and 212 at a respectable bodyfat % (coming from a very skinny 140lbs at one time). I have no gut and nobody would call me fat. So at 6'1 you should certainly weigh 20-30lbs more than me, at least.

been to NFL.com checking a lot of running backs height vs body weight

I did not see a guy above 6' that was under 210lbs, so I guess I will aim for that 230ish that would guys have been harping, and will probably drop back to 220 once I quit stuffing my mouth.
    Last edited by David Goldenberg; 02-02-2010 at 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling error

starting strength coach development program
    Try checking out linebackers... 6-0 and 6-1, they all sit around 230-250lbs. These guys have to be able to move rapidly, jump high, and lay out the hits.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast