starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Going on beach vacation in 4 weeks - help!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yeah, I know the RFL basics. When I said "I can't do RFL", I was alluding to dealing with the hunger, but like you said, there's a price to be paid if you want fast fat loss.

15lbs in 11 days? Wow. What was your weight when you started RFL? Have you had to decrease the weights for any lifts? How much have you cut down volume?

Welp, I weighed 240 lbs and am around 225 lbs or so. Hunger is not really a problem anymore as is the urge to eat. I miss food. Although, the lack of hunger may be due to the EC stack.

I'm on SS, so I cut my sets down to one of 5 and maybe one slight heavier single, just for the hell of it. I did a set of 305x5 and then a single of 335 lbs today. As for bench, I did a set of 215x5, which felt easy, and then a single at 235 lbs, also easy. For the record, My 5RMs before doing RFL were for 315 for the squat and 225 for the bench. I do notice a difficult at the end of the squat set.

I blew my deadlifts today because I used way too much volume warming up and I made things harder by having my shoulders behind the bar. You're very sensitive to overtraining on this diet, so you got to really watch the volume.

I'm ending the diet this week because I miss making progress on my lifts and I think 2 weeks is a long amount of time spent on this diet. I have a different attitude toward food now, a strong discipline you could say, which a lack of got me into this mess in the first place.
    Last edited by Mr.City; 02-08-2010 at 09:51 PM.

I think you should carry out your plan if it makes you happy and comfortable in your own skin.

In reality I don't think 5 or 10lbs either way will make or break you with the ladies, even sober, and these chicks are gonna be drunk off their asses. Just wear a t-shirt and go to teh bar.

Whereabouts are you headed?

Quote Originally Posted by SamGriffin View Post

In reality I don't think 5 or 10lbs either way will make or break you with the ladies, even sober, and these chicks are gonna be drunk off their asses. Just wear a t-shirt and go to teh bar.

Whereabouts are you headed?
    This is probably the most useful part of this thread.

I just find it weird that a guy is asking questions about body composition on a strength training forum when he weighs 150 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JLascek View Post
    This is probably the most useful part of this thread.

I just find it weird that a guy is asking questions about body composition on a strength training forum when he weighs 150 pounds.
    Seriously core, you're 36 now...this is the point where you're supposed to have accumulated a good bit of money, unless you've been fucking around too much at the beach in your twenties...the young girls will say something like "well, he has a little gut but he's fucking loaded"

How big of a gut can you have at 150? I haven't weighed 150 since the 9th grade.

Money (some visible success in a chosen career) and a giant back squat (the appearance of being physically useful) are more of an attractant than abs. Absent Money(not easily acquired in 4 weeks), I'll still take the giant back squat over abs.

I'll second what webbie said, but add that in my experience, the ladies love the squat ass and the well defined arms from the chins.

Quote Originally Posted by Webbie View Post
    How big of a gut can you have at 150?
    http://startingstrength.com/resource...ad.php?t=14988 You may want to shield your eyes.

I found by dropping the carbs for a week or two downto eating only 50g a day i can loose 1-2 belt sizes. This is due to the water bloat so maybe just give it a shot before your vacation, of course you don't actually loose the fat but you look less bloated.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by timt View Post
    I found by dropping the carbs for a week or two downto eating only 50g a day i can loose 1-2 belt sizes. This is due to the water bloat so maybe just give it a shot before your vacation, of course you don't actually loose the fat but you look less bloated.
    Yeah, I'm down a few pounds in a few days, so I figure that's mostly water weight. I've eliminated most of the non-milk carbs, and mostly limiting milk to breakfast and workouts. Lots of meat, green veggies, eggs, nuts and some fruit.

I want to keep progressing on the lifts, so I'll stick to this modified low carb diet until I start hitting the wall on several lifts.

As an aside, now I can somewhat relate to an overweight person on a diet - carbs have been calling out to me in a way I've never experienced before; for example, at the grocery store, my eyes immediately stop at carb rich foods.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123