starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I doing too much?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
    Why can't people just do the fucking program? Seriously, what is it?

Do the fucking program, drink your fucking milk and come back after two resets and we'll talk about intermediate programming, which is where assistance work goes.
    Calm down...there seems to be a people here who think they are smarter than everyone else. You don't need to be intelligence police...just polite.
    Last edited by rockyshaun; 02-14-2010 at 12:35 AM.

sounds like a fucking plan to me. i hope to progress quickly and will be back to inquire about assistance lifts!

thx everyone!

By the time you are an intermediate, you have a bit of clue, have a decent enough set of goals that can be programmed for and an idea of what your particular weaknesses are. THen you can go about programming in assistance excersizes and have an eye on recovery.

I needed some more direct lower back and ab work. My lifts have gone up since this was addressed.

You aren't doing the program.

sounds like a fucking plan to me. i hope to progress quickly and will be back to inquire about assistance lifts!

thx everyone!
    Good man. You can always worry about "bringing up your arms" or whatever you want when you're a little further down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by IWillLiveFreeOrDie View Post
    You aren't doing the program.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. The OP made the thread because he realized he wanted to deviate from the program and desired constructive criticism in response to his intended workout plan.

Cmon, you're a Senior Member; put some effort into your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by biggidybates View Post
    I just started your program two weeks ago and here is what I am doing:

A - Squat, Bench, Dead Lift, Decline Bench, Row, Dips and Pull ups
    B - Squat, Press, Clean, Shrugs, Curl, Skull Crusher, Chin ups

Am I dong too much? Is this going to hinder my progress? I have that mind-set that more is better. I am thinking that I need to break this habit or I will limit by muscles from their fullest potential.
    Ello, he stated he was doing the program. IWillLiveFreeOrDie was merely correcting this. I think you need to read a little more closely and take a breath or two before you post.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgsolberg View Post
    Ello, he stated he was doing the program. IWillLiveFreeOrDie was merely correcting this. I think you need to read a little more closely and take a breath or two before you post.
    I maybe mistaken on this but... I assumed, and correct me if I'm wrong biggidybates, that Biggidy knew fully well that the program he was doing was not Mark's program but a modified version of it; hence, that's why he asked for input. Why would he ask for input if the program was unmodified?

Perhaps, IWillLiveFreeOrDie didn't pick up on that. But, I find it to be rather evident. And because I assumed IWillLiveFreeOrDie did pick up on it, his response comes off as contemptuous.

Regardless, there's no need to derail the thread. My mistake for starting the fire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12