starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Want to break plateau, and train core. Suggestions?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by stronger View Post
    It's probably not the best idea to post PRIVATE messages to the rest of the forum
    Other than the fact that I missed his e-mail address, which I have now edited out (but only out of the kindness of my heart), I see no reason not to.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    Other than the fact that I missed his e-mail address, which I have now edited out (but only out of the kindness of my heart), I see no reason not to.
    you dont see a reason why you shouldn't post publicly something that was sent privately?

And if he is a troll, why are you feeding him?

you dont see a reason why you shouldn't post publicly something that was sent privately?

And if he is a troll, why are you feeding him?
    No, I see no reason why I should not post something that was sent privately if he did not receive any assurances from me that it would remain private.

Because I love trolls, they're so much fun! I get a huge amount of enjoyment at how long trolls can keep their cover. This guy wasn't particularly good (too much at once), but some of them are absolutely amazing.

If he were a troll, why do you think he would send you a fairly coherent private message?

And a troll with 3 posts posting under a real name abbreviation isn't much of a troll. Is it possible that he isn't a troll, but that everyone on this forum jumped on him with the follow the leader mentality that it seems is typical, scaring away potentially good members? oh well.

If he were a troll, why do you think he would send you a fairly coherent private message?

And a troll with 3 posts posting under a real name abbreviation isn't much of a troll. Is it possible that he isn't a troll, but that everyone on this forum jumped on him with the follow the leader mentality that it seems is typical, scaring away potentially good members? oh well.
    The message wasn't even a private message, it was a board e-mail. And yes, it's entirely possible he's not a troll, but that's pretty funny too.

I don't care though, if he's going to say something like that to me, he's not going to last long on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    And yes, it's entirely possible he's not a troll, but that's pretty funny too.

I don't care though, if he's going to say something like that to me, he's not going to last long on the board.
    this is a board where people help each other get stronger, not a forum to beat your e-chest.

what was so offensive that he said to you? He asked you to stop calling him a troll and asked you if you had any constructive advice. Crucify him!

this is a board where people help each other get stronger, not a forum to beat your e-chest.

what was so offensive that he said to you? He asked you to stop calling him a troll and asked you if you had any constructive advice. Crucify him!
    Go back and look at my posts in this thread.

If you squat 245lbs and are hitting a plateau, then something is seriously wrong. You shouldn't have to do anything fancy to make progress, the simplest programming, sticking to the basics is all you need.

Lucky, that's what this whole "starting strength" thingo is known for - the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by jklunder View Post
    I need a new program to break through my plateau. I tried the 5x5 paradigm; but, I quickly reached a point where I was not making gains in strength or mass.
    I suggest "Starting Strength." You may think you are familiar with basic strength training, but reading this book will at least confirm it and be a useful reference. It will more likely teach you quite a bit. And I don't mean that as a dig on your knowledge level. It is a good book.

The general consensus in here is that you don't really need to work 'core' if you have a basic strength program going. Not sure why people are being such dicks to you, but it might be that your post is fairly naive to the way most of us train.

starting strength coach development program
    Even if you are not a troll, and are truly worried about the strength of your obliques when you have a 245lb squat, this is still not the right forum for you. I'd suggest bodybuilding.com.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast