starting strength gym
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justin Lascek's CFWF Program

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM View Post
    So a 260lb CFT gain in 5-6 months for a short geneticly deficient 30 year old male.

40lb BW gain, and some of it is fat, I don't care. That shit's easy to lose.

The program works.
    Those are some nice gains: almost 40% in 6 months. Did you start off on just Starting Strength, or have you been mixing in these conditioning workouts from the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Shem View Post
    Those are some nice gains: almost 40% in 6 months. Did you start off on just Starting Strength, or have you been mixing in these conditioning workouts from the beginning?
    I posted earlier that I've been starting to run in order to a race on May 2. One concern for me, is that I'm at the point where deadlifting every week is hurting my recovery. Is there any way to modify the CFWF program so that the deadlifts are coming every other week? Any suggestions?

Well, you could just... do them every other week. (seriously, I'm not trolling)

If you want to do something on the weeks where you don't DL, you could toss in an assistance exercise, maybe. But if you have recovery issues, that might be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by strongdaniel View Post
    I posted earlier that I've been starting to run in order to a race on May 2. One concern for me, is that I'm at the point where deadlifting every week is hurting my recovery. Is there any way to modify the CFWF program so that the deadlifts are coming every other week? Any suggestions?
    I have zero experience or credibiilty as a trainer, but I do know that the the "Onus Wunsler" variation on the original SS program calls for alternating Pulls from the floor with 3XF Chins plus 5X10 weighted Back Extensions. So in that sense, chins + BX could be seen as a sub for DL. FWIW.

Quote Originally Posted by strongdaniel View Post
    I recommend pulling from the floor at least once a week. How about this:
    Day 1: SQ, BP, Chins
    Day 2: run or conditioning
    Day 3: off
    Day 4: SQ, PR, Deads/PC (alternate these weekly)
    Day 5: run or conditioning
    Day 6 and 7 off

I'd use the PC to warm up the DL too. That way you get plenty of PC practice. Most people (including myself) suck at these. Work up to a heavy double or triple in ascending sets, then 1-2 DL warmups sets, then your DL workset. Do normal 5 sets of 3 for PC on the other week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shem View Post
    I never did SS before. I did Crossfit before, and wanted more strength, less stupid shit. Some of the their workouts were/are useful tho.

I don't think my results are amazing or anything. Would have been much better if I could manage to get more than 5 hours of sleep each night.

Default Bump

Anybody here using this programme?

And how does your metcons look? What exercises and how much?

Any more info, from Justin or from forumites with experience, on how to modify this for the intermediate trainee?

Today's 70s big reposts the article with slight rewrites, but does not discuss the intermediate or the conditioning.

starting strength coach development program
    If you dont mind putting down some scrilla Justin offers coaching over the phone, he could help you come up with a intermediate program.

I did CFWF for a couple of months. I did a metcon (:P) that came with the PDF involving dumbbell hang power snatches. Time went from 7:22 at first attempt to something like 5:12, and the timeframe 6 weeks is in my head. The other metcon was a ten minute cindy and I went from like 5 rounds to 9. Lifts improved very marginally to not at all, but I was eating 2600-3000 calories a day and lost 16 pounds while on it.
    Last edited by Regin Smidur; 10-07-2010 at 01:31 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast