starting strength gym

Thread: novice - going to miss a workout because of the 4th

Default novice - going to miss a workout because of the 4th

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    been on SS for 2 1/2 - 3 months now. been making excellent gains. now my lazy ass gym is going to be closed. was planning to hit 225 1x5 for deadlift(double overhand grip). now i will have to wait 5 more workouts to do them.

kinda depressing.

Why wait two weeks? Even if it's not planned, you could probably do the workout you missed on your first day back, and then go every other day for a little while until you're back on track.

Yes, either (1) repeat the last workout and go from there; or (2) do the workout you were going to do when the gym opens. I'd go with #2 unless there are going to be several additional days break. One workout is not a major programming interruption unless done frequently.

Agreed. What you do in the next week won't make a difference for your progress in the long run as long as you stick to the essence program(linear progression in compound lifts) in the long run. If you want to go for that 2 plate deadlift PR though, you can totally just do it and then get back on schedule. Hell, you could probably add the PR deadlift onto whatever your next day in the gym is without messing up your programming too bad. And actually, come to think of it, if you don't make that deadlift PR, then you won't be able to make deadlift progress until you do. I say go for it!