starting strength gym

Thread: Your opinion about In-Season programming

Default Your opinion about In-Season programming

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I know many times this has been asked, with many variations of the subject. Still, I'd like to get your opinion about my idea to In-Season programming to football.
    So, basically our season is ON already, and I'm 87.5kg@174cm and can squat 180kgx1, deadlift 185kgx3 (not on the edge, just had to take a week off before going on 200kg) and bench 125kgx1.

We practice ever Sunday & Thursday, so the week looks like that:

Sun - Football practice (full contact, sprints, etc..)
    Mon -
    Tue -
    Wed -
    Thu - Football match \ Practice ( or a pre-match where we go light )
    Fri - Potentially a match
    Sat - Potentially a match

From my past experience, it's hard to progress while in-season schedule and volume has to be kept low - unless you want to be slow on the field.

I thought of doing some sort of WS method for the lower body: Monday (a day after football) just going on heavy singles, rotating exercise every 2-3 weeks and this way maintaining strength \ trying to blow a PR when you feel strong.

upper body is no prob: using the TM for bench presses\presses will allow me to use volume training on Tuesday and go heavy on the weekend (Fri\Sat depending on the team games schedule)

Is that reasonable in your opinion? from your experience, what did your athletes do for In-Season?
    Last edited by Mark Rippetoe; 11-17-2010 at 03:17 PM.