starting strength gym

Thread: TM - template

Default TM - template

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    hi there, here is my template, i would like to hear some thoughts on it...

Monday
    squat 5x5
    bench press 5x5
    pendlay row 3x8
    dips weighted 3x8

Wendsday
    squat 80% of monday weight 2x5
    deadlift 1x5
    bench press 2x5 light
    chin ups 3x8 weighted
    upper back corrective work (different every session, face pulls, band pull aparts whatever will feel good for some higher reps 2-3 sets)
    Friday
    squat 1x3
    RDL 3x8
    bench press 1x3
    heavy dmbl rows 2x12
    barbell curls 3x8

my focus is on bench press and bringing some more mass to arms area as they need it,well i do not like working my arms and i hope that hitting them like that will be enough to cause some more growth as i never really focused on them
    Last edited by taedoju; 06-25-2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: forgot RDL's

My understanding is that it's normally not recommended to deadlift on the light day.

hmm, rep/scheme wise it should be on fridays workout(the same probably goes with chin ups as they are for certain not light at the moment) that's truth,but it may lower my numbers (doin it after squats on friday)
    mayby i should move RDL to mid week and deadlift to the last day of the week but i will gotta try it to know for sure..
    so it would look like this by your suggestion:
    day1
    squat 5x5
    bench 5x5
    pendlay row 3x8
    dips 3x8

day 2
    squat 2x5x80% of monday
    RDL 3x8
    bench 2x5
    upper back corrective work

day 3
    squat 1x3
    deadlift 1x5
    bench press 1x3
    barbell curls 3x8 (dropping out rowing cos i wont be able to do it after all of his triples and fives)

more opinions are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by taedoju View Post
    hmm, rep/scheme wise it should be on fridays workout(the same probably goes with chin ups as they are for certain not light at the moment) that's truth,but it may lower my numbers (doin it after squats on friday)
    mayby i should move RDL to mid week and deadlift to the last day of the week but i will gotta try it to know for sure..
    so it would look like this by your suggestion:
    day1
    squat 5x5
    bench 5x5
    pendlay row 3x8 -> I'd switch this out with RDL, or better yet power cleans.
    dips 3x8 -> since there's limited back work and you're already benching 5x5, i'd go weighted chins instead.

day 2
    squat 2x5x80% of monday
    RDL 3x8 -> make them light, or just do some hypers to help your back recover for friday.
    bench 2x5 make sure they're light.
    upper back corrective work

day 3
    squat 1x3
    deadlift 1x5
    bench press 1x3
    barbell curls 3x8 i'd go for the weighted dips or weighted chins here. it's a free slot, so do whatever you want.

more opinions are welcome!
    my opinion is in bold.

thanks ! hmm power cleans, i work on them yet they are not too good yet..i might switch that dips on monday tho...i really like pulling work

starting strength coach development program
    you'll never get good at them if you don't put them in on the regular! for me, they really help strengthen my lower back so my deadlift goes up on friday. i'm never sore after i deadlift, but sore for 2-3 days after power cleaning.

then again if your main focus is the bench (i see theres no pressing at all), explosive pendlay rows might be more appropriate. in my routine i'll probably go 5 sets of 3, for me fatigue sets in fast in the musculature that the row uses.