Thread of awesome Thread of awesome - Page 152

starting strength gym
Page 152 of 391 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 3906

Thread: Thread of awesome

  1. #1511
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    • wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, why don't you want to do a full meet?
    i dunno if you've tried it, but it's difficult to bench press with one arm

  2. #1512
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Please be respectful, whities is differently abled.... just kidding, he has one arm and he's still a badass who deadlifts and squats. Bench, for obvious reasons, not so much.
    I know his condition ma'am. I just thought he could at least find out how much he could bench with one arm as to have more fun at the meet.

  3. #1513
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Iceland
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mwhities View Post
    In Reply to emailing the Director of a meet that's coming up local.

    So I told him both squat and deadlift.
    You're the man!

  4. #1514
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    10,486

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    I know his condition ma'am. I just thought he could at least find out how much he could bench with one arm as to have more fun at the meet.
    Whatever you say lady.

  5. #1515
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    3,016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    I know his condition ma'am. I just thought he could at least find out how much he could bench with one arm as to have more fun at the meet.
    again, i would ask if you've ever tried to bench with one arm


    back when i first had around a 300lb bench, i could barely bench THE BAR a few times because of balance issues

    let's say he even got up to 135lbs for a one-arm bench... what's the point? that's not empowering, that's embarrassing

  6. #1516
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brandon, MS
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, why don't you want to do a full meet?
    I think most (if not all) sanctions require TWO thumbs to wrap around the bar. I only have one, although BIG but, not two.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Please be respectful, whities is differently abled.... just kidding, he has one arm and he's still a badass who deadlifts and squats. Bench, for obvious reasons, not so much.
    hehe Thanks... I can bench, just not much. I think 10+ years ago, I was doing 135 (with bar) but, those were when I was young and in half ass shape. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by stonerider View Post
    i dunno if you've tried it, but it's difficult to bench press with one arm
    Not too bad. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by simonsky View Post
    I know his condition ma'am. I just thought he could at least find out how much he could bench with one arm as to have more fun at the meet.
    It'd still require me using the bar and I'd rather focus on my squats. The deadlift will suck as I'm sure I will not be able to use a strap but, it'll be fun.

  7. #1517
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brandon, MS
    Posts
    1,784

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hbriem View Post
    You're the man!
    Thanks, the fat man. :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    Whatever you say lady.
    Now, now you two. No need to fight over me...

    Quote Originally Posted by stonerider View Post
    again, i would ask if you've ever tried to bench with one arm


    back when i first had around a 300lb bench, i could barely bench THE BAR a few times because of balance issues

    let's say he even got up to 135lbs for a one-arm bench... what's the point? that's not empowering, that's embarrassing
    I wouldn't say embarrassing, multiple it by two and it's not to bad, although for me, it would be embarrassing. :P

  8. #1518
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,553

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by stonerider View Post
    again, i would ask if you've ever tried to bench with one arm


    back when i first had around a 300lb bench, i could barely bench THE BAR a few times because of balance issues

    let's say he even got up to 135lbs for a one-arm bench... what's the point? that's not empowering, that's embarrassing
    well I can't bench 2 plates but I can one arm standing overhead press the bar just for shits

  9. #1519
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Bend, WI
    Posts
    10,969

    Default

    I finally hit a 405 bench. I had a few setbacks in the form of minor injuries and getting sick, but I put it up today. I have a vid in my log too.

  10. #1520
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Callador View Post
    I finally hit a 405 bench. I had a few setbacks in the form of minor injuries and getting sick, but I put it up today. I have a vid in my log too.
    That's awesome. Great job, as always.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •