Thread of awesome Thread of awesome - Page 390

starting strength gym
Page 390 of 390 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 3900

Thread: Thread of awesome

  1. #3891
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Phoenix-ish
    Posts
    851

    Default

    • phoenix arizona seminar date
    • texas seminar date
    Finally squatted over 400. First did 405 and it glided up. Then got this grindy 415 after some rest:

    YouTube

    Total gain of 25lbs over last squat PR. Blessed be Adonai, who trains my hands for battle and my fingers for war. SDG

  2. #3892
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Toronto, ON, CA
    Posts
    654

    Default

    Talked my dad into getting under the bar a couple of months ago. Bought him BBRx to convince him to start, and had to buy him micro plates for Christmas and shoes for his 69th birthday a few days ago. He wasn’t willing to spend the money until he was sure he’d stick with it. My argument that he would be more likely to stick with it if he had the right gear were insufficient. Today I got this while we were texting about his next workout.

    image1.jpg

    Made my day. I think we got him!

  3. #3893
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    871

    Default

    ^^ This is so cool! Kudos to the both of you!

  4. #3894
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Spencer View Post
    Talked my dad into getting under the bar a couple of months ago. Bought him BBRx to convince him to start, and had to buy him micro plates for Christmas and shoes for his 69th birthday a few days ago. He wasn’t willing to spend the money until he was sure he’d stick with it. My argument that he would be more likely to stick with it if he had the right gear were insufficient. Today I got this while we were texting about his next workout.

    image1.jpg

    Made my day. I think we got him!
    I aspire to be like your dad in my later years!

  5. #3895
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    231

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Bischoff View Post
    Finally squatted over 400. First did 405 and it glided up. Then got this grindy 415 after some rest:

    YouTube

    Total gain of 25lbs over last squat PR. Blessed be Adonai, who trains my hands for battle and my fingers for war. SDG
    That was a hell of a rep! Well done sir!

  6. #3896
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Chandler, AZ
    Posts
    726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Bischoff View Post
    Finally squatted over 400. First did 405 and it glided up. Then got this grindy 415 after some rest:

    YouTube

    Total gain of 25lbs over last squat PR. Blessed be Adonai, who trains my hands for battle and my fingers for war. SDG
    Oh, man! Ring that up and put it in the books. Nice job!

  7. #3897
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,528

    Default

    My wife got a text last night from our neighbors saying that they thought there house might be haunted because they could feel some thumping. At first it was barely noticeable, then it got more and more apparent. Then all of a sudden it stopped. Turns out I was deadlifting in the garage last night at the same time. Hahaha.

  8. #3898
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Western Kentucky
    Posts
    871

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caveman View Post
    My wife got a text last night from our neighbors saying that they thought there house might be haunted because they could feel some thumping. At first it was barely noticeable, then it got more and more apparent. Then all of a sudden it stopped. Turns out I was deadlifting in the garage last night at the same time. Hahaha.
    Thatís pretty funny that they actually thought there were ghosts!

  9. #3899
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I stopped all the bullshit training I had been doing and decided to start my SSNLP after reading SSBT. Exciting but not so awesome.

    Awesome was when the small, weak, female mammal whom I call my wife also decided to start her SSNLP!


  10. #3900
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Chicago Burbs, IL
    Posts
    717

    Default

    starting strength nutrition camp
    I-is-a-fatass you are my hero. Carry on!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •