starting strength gym
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: today's post on 70sbig

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    sounds like you're just mad someone isn't telling you its okay to eat a bunch of shit and get fat anymore

and how does Justin even use 70sbig to get money? His consultations? The shirts? He doesn't even have adds on the site..maybe he just saw the ways in his errors

sounds like you're just mad someone isn't telling you its okay to eat a bunch of shit and get fat anymore

and how does Justin even use 70sbig to get money? His consultations? The shirts? He doesn't even have adds on the site..maybe he just saw the ways in his errors

Who said it was ever okay to get fat?

Quote Originally Posted by Guts View Post
    I just miss when 70sBig was focused on the big guy or kid that wants to be big. I will be forever thankful to that stage of it because it introduced me to real lifting in an entertaining manner. It had kids a little younger than me lifting big numbers and told you how to do it too. I followed the program and am pretty similar in strength to them now (albeit taller and fatter). Though it wasn't his program. He was just forwarding along the program from Rippetoe.

It has become more and more focused on what it was previously apposed with every passing day. Justin clearly realized who his audience was / could be and changed the message he was putting out. In the end, he'd rather lose the still minority real lifters and pander to the crowd of crossfitters and bodybuilders. From writing posts about eating icecream smothered in magic shell and a huge cheeseburger to writing about how to keep your diet clean and paleo. He knows he has a degree in this and if this doesn't make money he has no other options.
    I never read 70'sbig and I don't know anything about Justin outside of this topic, but to me it sounds like maybe he has just evolved as a lifter?

At first his goal was strength at all costs, just like SS prescribes.
    Now that he has a good base of strength it looks like he's more into maintenance and looking fit on top of strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    At first his goal was strength at all costs, just like SS prescribes.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by mstrofbass View Post
    What?
    You seem so shocked. It's like you've never seen someone make a silly statement without understanding what they're talking about before. For instance, did you know that all powerlifters more closely resemble blobs than human beings?

Quote Originally Posted by hamburgerfan View Post
    You seem so shocked. It's like you've never seen someone make a silly statement without understanding what they're talking about before. For instance, did you know that all powerlifters more closely resemble blobs than human beings?
    Wait, this is coming from someone who's actually been to a powerlifting competition, right?

What?
    SS prescribes no diet other than to eat enough to recover and then some. That means strength is your priority and anything else can fall in where it may. Justin obvously is taking looks into account as well as strength, which changes things a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    SS prescribes no diet other than to eat enough to recover and then some. That means strength a your number one priority and anything else can fall in where it may.
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...that's far different from "strength at all costs".

starting strength coach development program
    Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...that's far different from "strength at all costs".
    Sure, why not. I'm not intersted in arguing semantics over something that is really unimportant.

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast