starting strength gym

Thread: Just Checking...

Default Just Checking...

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    One of my 'bros' in school said he'd like to do what I'm doing (I honestly nearly fainted from this... my eyes scanned the room like a fly on crack...) but he wants to know it works for younger fatasses, and if so what he should be eating. He read the book but said there wasn't much in the Programming chapter about what bigger guys should eat. He's not a broscience person thank god so he's willing to do the thing. He's 13 and his numbers are like 250lb, last I saw he benched 155 and I haven't seen him do squats or DLs, and just guessing from how he's compared to me, I'd say 5'10 or 5'11.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek42 View Post
    One of my 'bros' in school said he'd like to do what I'm doing (I honestly nearly fainted from this... my eyes scanned the room like a fly on crack...) but he wants to know it works for younger fatasses, and if so what he should be eating. He read the book but said there wasn't much in the Programming chapter about what bigger guys should eat. He's not a broscience person thank god so he's willing to do the thing. He's 13 and his numbers are like 250lb, last I saw he benched 155 and I haven't seen him do squats or DLs, and just guessing from how he's compared to me, I'd say 5'10 or 5'11.
    Just have him eat like a normal person. Or, like what's normal for him while he lifts. Bump up his protein if he mostly eats shitty carbs.

I've read that before, but what I get from it for the guy is that he should still eat a bunch, bunch less milk, lower carbs. That sound right? Also, given that he's 250 and pretty fat, is g/lb of protein okay? I'd really prefer if I didn't tell this guy anything wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek42 View Post
    I've read that before, but what I get from it for the guy is that he should still eat a bunch, bunch less milk, lower carbs. That sound right? Also, given that he's 250 and pretty fat, is g/lb of protein okay? I'd really prefer if I didn't tell this guy anything wrong.
    Well, what are his goals? If he just wants to get strong, then have him eat enough to recover, whatever that ends up meaning for him. If he wants to get svelte, he's going to need to diet.

He wants to get- well he kinda gave me the ol gaining strength and weight loss one. I then told them that that's kinda got to go in one way or the other and he said he'd be fine with staying the same weight, just not more.

To provide some context for interpreting the clarification article: If you're saying your bro is 13 years old and 5' 10" to 5' 11" tall and weighs 250lbs that means his body fat percentage is prob. around 40%. That's pretty high.

So he doesn't need to add milk or overall increase his eating. The 1g / lb of protein is fine too.

The most important thing is to get in the gym 3 times a week and to make sure that the form is correct on all the exercises. Follow the weight progression as written, but remember that the reps don't count if the form isn't good.

After he gains some strength, e.g. when he finishes linear progression, i really think your bro should get himself on a diet and lose 50 lbs, but going on a diet NOW, as he starts SS, would be detrimental to progress. Which he wants to do 1st is up to him, but since he's expressed interest in SS, i'd encourage him to do that first.

starting strength coach development program
    I love the internet, ya know that? Information... moments away... Bill Gates, if I was female I'd have children with you, then get divorced taking away with me my fair share of 20Billion USD and the children. Next, I'd set aside 2 billion for my next 5000 generations' food and shelter as well as 8 billion more for anything my children and I would need. Then I would buy my dream house, go on a couple of vacations and begin a multi-billion dollar crusade to destroy the myths of lifting. After making the world a better place, I'll probably go on a couple month long vacations at some of the worlds best places, hire some hitmen for the corporate fatcats, whatever I fancy. NE ways, that should be all I need.
    Thanks for the help. Anyone feel free to say more.