starting strength gym

Thread: Starting Strength 4 Day Split

Default Starting Strength 4 Day Split

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Is it acceptable to spread the A/B workouts over 4 days? I've seen a number of posts about TM 4-day splits, but with VD/ID thrown in with that it doesn't really apply to SS or a novice. Would rolling the pulls to the next day still be conducive to strength gains and adaptation?

M: Squat, Press
    T: PC, Chins
    W: rest
    T: Squat, Bench
    F: DL, Dips

I love the original program and everything is progressing well, but as I have to workout early mornings before work I am now finding it hard to squeeze in 3 lifts per session. As my lifts have got heavier rests between sets have gotten longer. Getting up any earlier will cut in to necessary sleep and recovery (I'm scraping by as it is). I realize progress will be slower now (40 lbs added to squats per month instead 60, etc.) and that is fine as long as adaptation is not hindered. That is my concern I guess, will squatting and pressing only twice a week and deadlifting only once still provide enough stimulus for a novice to adapt and make gains? Should I deadlift Tuesday and Thursday until I stall and then reintroduce PC's? Thank You.

Male / 32 / 170 / 5'10"

Your original layout will work fine. As your strength increases, 3 major lifts per workout becomes very difficult to fit into an hour. I have lots of clients on twice weekly programming and it works fine.

Great! Thank you. I'll implement this Monday.