starting strength gym
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Opinions about Westside method

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by manveer View Post
    He said conjugal method.

Oh, and appropriately placed overload work does help me, but at this point I'm probably classified as an advanced lifter.
    He says that to be clever. This is the Hedlesky program he follows. An Advanced System For Beginners: Westside Barbell Method - Lift.net

nice article

how many weeks average for an accumulation block maybe 10-15?
    Last edited by Eric Larousse; 01-25-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    He says that to be clever. This is the Hedlesky program he follows. An Advanced System For Beginners: Westside Barbell Method - Lift.net
    Is it supposed to be a novice program? The author says,
    "this is just a beginner guide for anyone interested in the system, for those with a low training age, and for those without access to a bunch of speciality equipment (which you don’t really need starting out anyway). Also, this is EXTREMELY basic programming with several of my own suggestions added in that I wish I did differently when I started training this way. "

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Larousse View Post
    nice article

how many weeks average for an accumulation block maybe 10-15?
    I never ran accumulation nearly that long. Even in an off season without a meat in site, I wouldn't want to go that long without training with very heavy waits. I usually did 3-6 weaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Is it supposed to be a novice program? The author says,
    "this is just a beginner guide for anyone interested in the system, for those with a low training age, and for those without access to a bunch of speciality equipment (which you don’t really need starting out anyway). Also, this is EXTREMELY basic programming with several of my own suggestions added in that I wish I did differently when I started training this way. "
    It's intended for novices to be able to run it, but it's not meant exclusively for them. It's not a linear progression, and you're not adding a predetermined amount of weight each week. Novices will use less volume, and more general exercises that work for everybody. More advanced lifters will use more volume and exercises that work for them specifically, as they learn to determine what those exercises are.

By adding volume i am assuming you mean as back off or back offs with the main lift that week and maybe up assistance volume?

I learned this on my own, dynamic work was a waste of time for me. Louie does has many valid training principles though.

Tip: Rethink the Dynamic Effort Method | T Nation

starting strength coach development program
    I thought this was a pretty good discussion. Watched it yesterday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234