starting strength gym
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stupid weight rooms on cruise

Default Stupid weight rooms on cruise

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Got a family Disney cruise coming up and their "state of the art fitness center" has no friggin barbells. I wanna attempt to not lose an entire week in the gym so what recommendations do you have regarding the machines and dumbbells to get a decent training session in? or at least something that won't just waist my time.

You can just take the week off and enjoy a vacation with your family. You could also do short myo rep sessions with dumbells and pull-ups spend no more than 30 minutes 1-3 times the entire time.it is t going to make a difference.and go play, enjoy the food and drink if you drink and go On Excursions and see things. You have all kinds of gym time to catch up..a week isn't shit.

just do density sets...do lunges do some type of pressing...some type of upper body pull and if the DB are heavy enough do some cleans with them or snatches or both

like do 2 snatches then a swing then 2 snatches and a swing etc in density fashion 40-50 reps

3 x max reps on push ups, chin ups and then do some dumbbell split squats and RDLs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanccfshr View Post
    You can just take the week off and enjoy a vacation with your family. You could also do short myo rep sessions with dumbells and pull-ups spend no more than 30 minutes 1-3 times the entire time.it is t going to make a difference.and go play, enjoy the food and drink if you drink and go On Excursions and see things. You have all kinds of gym time to catch up..a week isn't shit.
    There it is. You won't accomplish anything worthwhile anyway but the good news is you won't lose anything either. If you feel like you must do something, anything you do is good enough for now. Enjoy your vacation.

I guess I'll not stress about it too much then. Just ended my LP and will have had ~ 10 weeks on TM by time of trip. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Rivers View Post
    Got a family Disney cruise coming up and their "state of the art fitness center" has no friggin barbells. I wanna attempt to not lose an entire week in the gym so what recommendations do you have regarding the machines and dumbbells to get a decent training session in? or at least something that won't just waist my time.
    If you are concerned about losing the chance to train with a barbell for a week, don't go on a cruise where they don't have barbells.

Here are a few quick questions regarding dumbbells for you. Can you press the 50s (one per hand)? Can you press the 50s for a set of 10? Can you press the 50s for a set of 10 in absolute strict military fashion? How about curling them - same questions. How about a set of 20, just for funsies?

If your answer is "no" to any of these questions, it sounds like you have some opportunities.

You can make a great workout even using limited tools. Try something different for a week and have fun.

I am mostly concerned that you develop good work/training/life balance. Stressing about not having good training available will ruin too many vacations and you aren't missing many gains anyway..life will throw these deloads at you. Going on vacations from time to time is an oppurtunnity to be different than your everyday worker self.

You are going to get married( well maybe) people you love will die, your family wants to spend time with you, and training is a marathon not a sprint.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    If you are concerned about losing the chance to train with a barbell for a week, don't go on a cruise where they don't have barbells.

Here are a few quick questions regarding dumbbells for you. Can you press the 50s (one per hand)? Can you press the 50s for a set of 10? Can you press the 50s for a set of 10 in absolute strict military fashion? How about curling them - same questions. How about a set of 20, just for funsies?

If your answer is "no" to any of these questions, it sounds like you have some opportunities.

You can make a great workout even using limited tools. Try something different for a week and have fun.
    Honestly not sure. I almost never use dumbbells. I bench 225x5 so I'm guessing yes to the 50's. I doubt I can curl them one handed but haven't tried since before starting my LP. I'm 30 y/o and just managed these gains recently (4-5 months) as my work/career schedule allowed for it as of late and guess just a bit greedy to give any of it up. I should relax. My second time on the "Mickey boat" as my son calls it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast