starting strength gym

Thread: Groin/hip joint pain during squat - form check

Default Groin/hip joint pain during squat - form check

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    For the last month or so, I have begun experiencing increasingly strong pain in my inner hip/groin area during and after squatting. It feels like it's in the joints. I feel pain and instability while walking up stairs and now while walking or lifting the legs in general, and it lasts through my off days (though weakens over time). Today I was unable to complete my working sets due to the pain. I've seen two potential explanations here: knee slide and hip impingement. I'm hoping one of the experts here can help identify the cause. Below are two form check videos I took at a lighter weight (175 lbs; my working set is 220 lbs).

Side (sorry for the poor quality)

Back

Many thanks for your time!

Edit: Sorry, I meant to post this in Technique. Don't know how to (re)move it.
    Last edited by saxen; 01-26-2017 at 11:47 PM. Reason: wrong forum

Quote Originally Posted by saxen View Post
    For the last month or so, I have begun experiencing increasingly strong pain in my inner hip/groin area during and after squatting. It feels like it's in the joints. I feel pain and instability while walking up stairs and now while walking or lifting the legs in general, and it lasts through my off days (though weakens over time). Today I was unable to complete my working sets due to the pain. I've seen two potential explanations here: knee slide and hip impingement. I'm hoping one of the experts here can help identify the cause. Below are two form check videos I took at a lighter weight (175 lbs; my working set is 220 lbs).

Side (sorry for the poor quality)

Back

Many thanks for your time!

Edit: Sorry, I meant to post this in Technique. Don't know how to (re)move it.
    I see you lifting your head on the ascent. Stop that.

Why aren't you wearing those shoes? WL shoes > reg shoes > no shoes

I suggest reposting in technique forum with the proper rear quarter angle using your workset not warm up set.

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Tapatalk