starting strength gym

Thread: I'm stuck-is it because I'm a situational intermediate?

Default I'm stuck-is it because I'm a situational intermediate?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I'm a track cycling athlete training the SS novice program to get stronger, which=faster.
    Problem is I need to do three very taxing workouts a week "on the bike" that really leave the legs
    feeling very well used-even though they are anaerobic workouts- cardio is not the emphasis here,I'm a sprinter.

I've did 275 lbs on Jan 23rd '17 and since then I've not been able to come close-Today I failed 265 in warm up.

I'm not sick, feeling tired or lacking sleep and my nutrition is fine-I'm 15lbs over my racing weight in fact.

I feel pretty sure the combined volume of bike and bar is preventing my legs from recovering adequately to progress.
    What should I do given that I need to get stronger and I need to ride to improve sport specific strength and skill.

I was thinking of dropping down to two days a week lifting or a two week rotation with two days between lifting workouts
    to allow for more recovery.

I'm hoping to be squatting 315 one day @ 160lbs body weight, That could put my 49year old self on the podium at the Master world Championships in October 2017.
    Suggestions

Heavy-Light-Medium.

Do not cycle the day before your heavy day. Focus on bar speed on light-medium days.

Here is an article series on HLM: Simplifying the Heavy Light Medium System ? Part 1: Introduction & Squats ? Andy Baker

Another more recent article: Client Q&A #3: Heavy-Light-Medium Set Up & Gym Time Saving Tip ? Andy Baker

A Heavy-Light-Medium downloadable program: Garage Gym Warrior ? Andy Baker