starting strength gym

Thread: Ggw after sslp for 57 yr old greybeard??

Default Ggw after sslp for 57 yr old greybeard??

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Andy: First timer posting to this forum,Ready to order up your Garage Gym warrior to transition too when I stop seeing gains on the SSLP program, I started the LP in Jan. after a year away from the iron game, burnt out, nagging injuries etc... being a greybeard at 57 and having been training/working out for my entire adult life I have a newfound invigorating interest in getting back at it. I really struggled at a starting point for LP so I took a shot at some weights and have been moving up very consistently EXCEPT DEADS, this exercise has troubled me for a long time especially getting it off the floor, my current body weight is 235 that is up 10 lbs from the start of LP in Jan, my Squat is at 195lbs, bench 205, ohp at 95 and deads are a dismal 245,before I took the break my deads were 335 5x5 and Squats were 275 5x5 and Bench was 275 5x5. I have set a I think realistic goal of benching 325, squat 335, ohp of 155 and dead 405 by years end... Deads right now knock the snot out of me but I guess as long as I am making progress I shall continue. Are these realistic goals for this aging ironhead? I am really looking forward to the GGW program as I can only commit to 3 day a week training. open to feedback

Goals are realistic but you'll get better results on LP if you quit doing 5x5 on Deads. You'll do well on GGW

thanks Andy, Perhaps i confused you as i am only doing the 1 set of 5 for deads on LP,, was thinking of adding some kettlebell swings to help, really focusing on my form on both deads and squats before the weight gets heavy..