starting strength gym

Thread: Light squat day % question

Default Light squat day % question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Sounds like a daft question but have to ask it. Does 90% of squat weight include the bar ? In other words if I'm lifting 60Kg on a normal day with a 20Kg bar, then 10% would be a total of 6Kg lighter. If the bar isn't included, then the number is 4Kg lighter. I presume the measure is total overall weight with the bar ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Sounds like a daft question but have to ask it. Does 90% of squat weight include the bar ? In other words if I'm lifting 60Kg on a normal day with a 20Kg bar, then 10% would be a total of 6Kg lighter. If the bar isn't included, then the number is 4Kg lighter. I presume the measure is total overall weight with the bar ?
    Yes. It is daft. Yes, the bar counts as weight because you do lift it, right?

Quote Originally Posted by George Christiansen View Post
    Yes. It is daft. Yes, the bar counts as weight because you do lift it, right?
    You have to use the bar ? Blimey, I wondered how everyone managed to balance all those plates on their backs. Doh.

Well now I know and I don't feel like I might be cheating myself out of a few extra pounds of pain. Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Does 90% of squat weight include the bar ?
    Yes, it does.
    I don't even think you are the first one to ask the question, but I don't have time to go and fetch references.

IPB