starting strength gym

Thread: Should I go HLM next?

Default Should I go HLM next?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi there; in need of a little bit of input and guidance as to where to go next. Thanks in advance for all the great work you guys put out there.

45 y/o; 205 lbs; 6' tall

DL - 345 x 3
    SQ - 295 X 5
    Press - 135 x 3
    BP - 185 x 3

Started SS/LP about 6-7 months ago and I feel that I'm too beat up to keep adding weight every session.
    For the most part I am able to train consistently Tuesdays, Thursdays and either Saturday or Sunday.
    I am going away 12/22/2017 and won't touch a barbell until 1/2/2018 so maybe this is the right time to switch to a different programming but which one?

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by vav View Post
    Hi there; in need of a little bit of input and guidance as to where to go next. Thanks in advance for all the great work you guys put out there.

45 y/o; 205 lbs; 6' tall

DL - 345 x 3
    SQ - 295 X 5
    Press - 135 x 3
    BP - 185 x 3

Started SS/LP about 6-7 months ago and I feel that I'm too beat up to keep adding weight every session.
    For the most part I am able to train consistently Tuesdays, Thursdays and either Saturday or Sunday.
    I am going away 12/22/2017 and won't touch a barbell until 1/2/2018 so maybe this is the right time to switch to a different programming but which one?

Thanks again.
    Give us more background. When did you switch to sets of 3 on press, bench, and deadlift? How much weight per workout were you adding to each of the lifts? When did you incorporate light squat day? Decrease deadlift frequency? Your feelings are not the relevant data point for making this decision.

Keep in mind HLM is just a general way to structure your training. If you want feedback for an HLM program, outlining what specifically you're planning on doing would be useful.