starting strength gym

Thread: "Original" Starting Strength

Default "Original" Starting Strength

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi everybody,

recently I've encounter a piece of info, that the original version of Starting Strength program included only 4 exercises: SQ, DL, Power Clean and BP - so no OHP.

Does anybody know how did the programming look like? Was the inclusion of additional pressing movements implemented when progressing? When did OHP appear and why?

For me military press is not something equal with prone press and I still find it uncomfortable rotating military press and bench press 1:1. What are your thoughts on this?

I don't think that is accurate. Admittedly it's been a while since I read the 1st addition, but I'm pretty sure the Press has always been there.

I also forget where it was said - potentially in an interview with Rip - where he did say that he initially started coaching trainees in the early days of WFAC without use of the press. I believe this predates the development of the Starting Strength program. A paraphrase of the quote is something along the lines of "and then we added in the press".