starting strength gym

Thread: Hypothetical Programming for a Novice Transgender Person

Default Hypothetical Programming for a Novice Transgender Person

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I had a semi-hypothetical question to pose about programming. I work with a male to female person currently undergoing hormone therapy that has shown interest in working the Novice LP with me. My question is do you program like a normal female? Do females on steroids progress linearly like females when they are novices, or do they progress more like men? Do they switch to 5x3 because genetically and most of their life they were a woman or do they stay at 3x5? Can ftm people take in nutrients as efficiently as men or does that hold like with females as well? This is all fairly complicated for me and I would like to approach it from as purely scientifically as possible so as not to offend one of the best workers in the office. I tried to do some research and I'm sure there's some out there, but I'm probably just failing to look in the right places.

Brent Carter is offline Owner, Starting Strength Dallas
    Starting Strength Coach

We often say in the programming lecture magnitude of response to this stress in increasing force production is largely dependent on how "male" you are. This is in reference to testosterone levels. So if your client is making steps to become more male we can expect the client to respond more robustly. Thus train with your 3x5's until you cannot. Some men produce lest testosterone and also benefit from switching to 5x3. It is not purely categorical so much as it is dependent upon performance.