starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Add a light workout or add rest day?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    "DL/RP 1-3RM +1x5 (85% or 1RM)"

What I meant was, do a 1-3RM or even 5RM, drop the intensity to about 85% of either the 1RM you just did or about 85% or your overall 1RM and hit it for a back off set of 5 reps for some volume.

I 3rd (or 4th?) the recommendation for Barbell Prescription. Whether we like it or not us older guys have to train differently from what is being said to the mainstream (more intensity, more frequency, less volume, consume more protein, etc) and this book covers about 100% of what you need to know.

Also, your numbers are pretty impressive and not far off from mine when I just had to stop with NLP a couple weeks ago. I really hit a wall with these numbers, even trying to milk NLP with a light squat day on Wed after deloading (didn't last long), on top of that doing back off sets on my heavy squats (lasted about 4 work outs), and microloading presses less than 2 lbs is not worth that small amount for me.

Sounds like the 2x's/week thing would work very well for you, but I only say that because you are working literally from sun up to sun down.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks. I have a copy of the barbell prescription....have only perused it, but not read it properly. I will dig into it and try a program schedule like that.

Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12