starting strength gym

Thread: A litle about the Texas method

Default A litle about the Texas method

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I an now on a linear training program. Dont know iff you like it but is the SL 5x5. After I cant gain more on that program I thinking of the Texas Method. I have the book ppfst 3 Edition. I am 41 years old 180 cm and about 90 kg or so. I am not sure what version of the program I should select, maybee the basic version on page 120 or the basic 4 day spilt on page 150? Iff I select the 4 day version it says one bench assistance and one press assistance. Any suggestion on what exersices to choose for those? I train in my appartment, have a bar, plates and a home built power rack.

As mentioned before I am not quit sure iff I should choose the 3 or 4 day version, I am not sure what my goals are either maybe something about 190-210 kg dl, 160-180 kg sq, 110-130 kg bp and 65-75 kg ohp. Something like that. So far I like the weight training.

My thoughts on programming are in the book you have. Ask about SL 5x5 on the SL boards.

Do the SS NLP, then transition gradually into Texas Method as outlined in the following article. The book will say why the SS NLP as opposed to other NLP's. Also, the book is not a book of templates. It's a book on how to program at different stages and gives examples, not templates.

Minimum Effective Dose for Maximum Strength, Part 2 | Matt Reynolds

Within the article is a link to part one with the "why" for the transition. Read that too.

Also, read the book you have, not just the programs that are in it. Lots if info that will answer any questions you have, including the one I just answered.

Thanks for your answer, I dident mean to bee rude too you. wasent before after 2-3 month off training I found the info about SS 3x5, otherwise I would have started with the SS program, It would have made more sence too since I planing to do the TM afterwards. Realy Like your book but I dont understand everything, norwegian is my nativ language.

Thanks, wsmoran this was wery helpfull to me and.

I will switch over to the SS program and try to follows the guidlines in the articles.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Superduper View Post
    I will switch over to the SS program and try to follows the guidlines in the articles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    My thoughts on programming are in the book you have.
    The one you have not read.