starting strength gym

Thread: Rowing on off days

Default Rowing on off days

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Do you have any programming recommendations for using a rowing machine for 30 minutes or so on off days?

(Mainly looking at improving stamina & recovery without interfering with strength training too much.)

Sounds like you're asking a general fitness question and not a competitive sport question. Assuming so: are you done with your LP yet?

Yes it’s not for competitive sport.
    I’m in the last 2 or 3 weeks of LP. I’m not planning on rowing on off days just yet, it’s something I plan on doing in the coming months for general fitness.

OK, assuming you know how to row properly*: When you finish your LP, start rowing using the principles outlined in this article: Death by Prowler | Matt Reynolds
    Rowing isn't exactly the same as the sled, but the energy systems are universal to humanity and you'll use those ideas to program your work on the rower.

If you don't know the rowing technique, learn it first. Don't assume you can do it right, because you can't and won't, and it'll make a huge difference in the long run to your conditioning work on the rower. Concept 2 has some decent technique videos to watch.

Ok thanks a lot.