starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Programming post novice

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I have read it. It mentions the Texas Method is for competitive lifters, which I am not, so am I right in thinking this program isn’t for me?

I recommend the 4-day split.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe

One does not. One adds weight to the upper body exercise of the day 3x/week. Upper body exercises do not get strong that fast because they are limited by the smaller muscle mass of the muscle groups that bottleneck the progress, and this is precisely why we alternate the exercises. Note that the OP went from 138x5 to 223x3 on his bench and from 88x5 to 146x3 on his press in 5 months. During that time, his squat went from 154x5 to 341x5. This is very good normal progress for a NLP. The only problems I see here might have to do with the First Three Questions, but maybe not. They may simply reflect impatience, which is understandable in a motivated lifter.
    Everything you say is right. I’m a week and a half into the four day split now and am already changing to the 3 day Texas Method, as I’m missing out practising the squat 3 days per week. I must respond better to 3 days per week. My biggest problem is dealing with impatience outside of the gym, that’s something I’m going to have to learn to deal with. Do you have any advice?

Patience develops, just like strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Plant View Post
    Everything you say is right. I’m a week and a half into the four day split now and am already changing to the 3 day Texas Method, as I’m missing out practising the squat 3 days per week. I must respond better to 3 days per week. My biggest problem is dealing with impatience outside of the gym, that’s something I’m going to have to learn to deal with. Do you have any advice?
    Have some kids

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Plant View Post
    Everything you say is right. I’m a week and a half into the four day split now and am already changing to the 3 day Texas Method, as I’m missing out practicing the squat 3 days per week. I must respond better to 3 days per week. My biggest problem is dealing with impatience outside of the gym, that’s something I’m going to have to learn to deal with. Do you have any advice?
    Heavy weights on the bar. Cures impatience to get back in the gym real fast.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Patience develops, just like strength.
    Thanks Mark.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123