starting strength gym

Thread: Hitting intermidate lifts

Default Hitting intermidate lifts

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hey everyone. I have been doing LP for some time now. I started the program at 175lbs and now I am 191lbs at 5ft 10 and 33 year old male. I have been struggling to make progress in my Press. Someone suggested to go on to intermediate with it. I planned on going to Old man texas method so if I wanted to move my press into the intermediate stage would that be cutting the weight some and doing 5x5 instead of the 3x5 for the press?

I suggest that you gain another 15-20 pounds of bodyweight and keep going up on your NLP as long as possible.

I'm working on getting some more weight under my belt but so far my press just isn't going up.

Let's get this over with: The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Yes I have done this the first time I had issues and have addressed these problems as best as I can. Due to my job and home life my sleep isn't the best but I average 5 hrs during the work week and get 8 hours on days off. I struggle with lifts at times even with 8 hours of sleep. I know its not ideal but its the only way I can make it work without giving up my job. I am eating between 2200-3000 calories and I rest 5 minutes between work sets. I have micro plates and use them on my upper body lifts. I could try making smaller jumps to see if that will help me milk the progression. I have been using mostly the 1 lbs and 1.25lbs to get between lifts. For example if one week I did 150 bench press instead of jumping to 155 bench I would do a 152 or a 152.5 bench.

starting strength coach development program
    This is why I posted the link. You're not eating enough and you're not resting enough. You have not dealt with these problems as best you can, unless you cannot afford more than 2200-3000 calories and you just do not have another 3 minutes to rest between sets.