starting strength gym

Thread: Sporadic training during break in late LP

Question Sporadic training during break in late LP

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello all,
    I am 3.5 months in to LP and have had to take a break from online coaching due to a family illness. I am currently living in and around a hospital a few hours from my home and gym - and have been out of the gym for two weeks now. I would like to hit the gym on occasion while I am here but I can not do a regular three-day-a-week training or anything like that. I Hope to get back in to regular training in a month or so.

I wonder what the best approach is if I can, say, get to the gym once or maybe twice a week over the next few weeks. I don't really want to go in blind and make up weights and exercises, but to have at least a bit of a plan, just to do something. I figure I will do squats and deadlifts and one press? Maybe both presses but a bit lighter? Any suggestions as to a percentage of my last LP weight that I should shoot for?

Any tips would be appreciated. Again, I am slowing down in LP as of two weeks ago where I transitioned to light days for squats once a week and have just added chinups on non DL days.

My two-weeks ago numbers

Sq: 3x5@300
    DL: 345
    Bench: 2x3@ 195, 2x5@175
    Press: 3x5@130

Start with a review of this in Practical Programming or with Andy's discussion here: Coming Back from a Layoff