starting strength gym

Thread: Teenager Considering Starting Strength - 2nd Time Doing It

Default Teenager Considering Starting Strength - 2nd Time Doing It

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I started going to the gym for the first time in my life in January of 2019 because I had low self-confidence and was relatively small. I set out on a venture to try to naturally get as strong as possible. During my first two to three months I did Starting Strength, but I did it in correctly and did not add 5 pounds every session and my form wasn't the greatest. After a while I moved on, which was a bad move on my part. I started program hopping from YouTubers programs. I ended up going to Jason Blaha 5x5 for a few weeks and saw some gains, but I couldn't maintain it because two hours in the gym every other day (e.g. Mon. Wed. Friday) just seemed like too much volume and it was hard to recover from. If any of you have ever done Jason Blaha 5x5 you know how much volume at has. 7 months in the gym and my lifts are still pretty low so I'm kind of aggravated that I've been lifting for this long it seems like and my physique isn't all that great and neither are my lifts. I have really been considering going back to Starting Strength from the very first phase and progressing from there, but I'm afraid that my "noob gains" have already partially been used up since January and it being July now. The main question I have here is whether or not I should use Starting Strength and try to get my lifts up pretty high?
    STATS:
    17 years old
    5 foot 10 inches
    170 lbs.
    2700 cals. daily
    170 g of protein

Lifts as of right now:
    Bench: 135 lbs 1 RM
    Squat: 230 lbs 3x5 (have not done 1 RM)
    Deadlift: 275 lbs 1 RM
    My numbers are absolutely nothing to brag about, but when I first started in January I was benching 50 lbs, squatting 135 lbs, and deadlifting 150 lbs. Do I still have gains I can pull out using Starting Strength?

Do the program and see.
    You're 17-virtually nothing is too hard to recover from unless you are ill. You can begin using that excuse when you are 50, or you just pulled 700x5 3 days in a row.

Should I add 5 lbs to each session off the bat until I stall, then drop down to 2.5 lbs every session, and then 5 lbs. a week to milk the most gains out as possible? If I stall, I know my diet or sleep won't be to blame. I consistently track my food on MyFitnessPal and get anywhere between 2700-3000 cals a day and 170g of protein. I also get 7-9 hours of sleep every night.