starting strength gym

Thread: Stalling early(?) For squats and press

Default Stalling early(?) For squats and press

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi there Mark,
    I am a 24 yo male, 197 lbs who is a few weeks into the program. Prior to doing LP I completed the bridge by bb medicine and some programs from Mike Matthews. I had to stop a few weeks into the program due to health issues but it was all resolved and drive back in.
    A few weeks into it I stalled in my squats at 290lb and deloaded. Came back to it and at 285 I started to only go up 5 lbs on Mon and Fri, as the program indicates. Few weeks later, I try 315 yesterday and was only able to do 4, 4, and 3 reps. Then went on to failed my last 2 sets of presses (I suspect due to the over exhaustion of the grinding squats). Is the next step simply only go up in weight once a week ? ( Heavy day, deload, one high set and lower ones on Mon, wed, Fri) Or am I missing to see something else? I have a tight control of my diet and try very hard to at least get 7 h of sleep everyday.
    I have also been experiencing sharp knee pain during and after my squats.
    Thoughts?

Unfortunately I have already gone through this and to my knowledge they don't seem to be the cause. Currently I'm resting up to 10 min in between sets for squats. My caloric intake is enough to gain at least 1 lb per week. And my weight jumps are 5 lbs per workout as laid out on the program. I forgot to add this for form check (if that's an option)
    YouTube
    Thank you for your time.