starting strength gym

Thread: Post gallon of milk

Default Post gallon of milk

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    So I'm a skinny guy who has gained about 50 pounds doing the program and GOMAD, since EVERYONE is supposed to drink a gallon of milk. As mentioned in the book, I have also reached a point where my bodyfat is around 19/20%. Mark suggests to drop the milk to half a gallon, about 4000 calories at this point which makes the bodyfat drop to about 15-17%. I'm wondering if this is due to changes in bodycomposition or simply because skinny people have a different bodytype as 4000 is still a caloric surplus for most guys.

I would also appreciate if Mark or someone can advise how long one should continue with the half a gallon of milk (based on experience). Basically how the diet should be in terms of calories for someone who wants to continue to get bigger after the initial period, as I feel this is not explained well in the book. I'm 6' weighing about 190 pounds aged 25, but want to get both bigger and stronger than what I am now. And I don't care about a six pack.

I will be doing half a gallon for now, but would like to know how to continue after that in the most efficient manner. I apologize if this has been answered before, but I have been looking through the forum and books and been unable to find a clear answer. I can obviously experiment and see what works for me, but I would like some advice as I don't have the experience that Mark or other people on this forum have.

You are eating less than what you ate to gain weight so you are therefore either out of a surplus or at a smaller surplus. Metabolic rate varies between individuals so what is "low" for one may be "high" for another. Half gallon of nonfat or lowfat milk is a pretty sustainable amount long-term. The caloric load isn't very high (~600 calories with 64 g protein and 86 g carbohydrate). I'd even contest that a gallon may be fine for some if done with lowfat or nonfat. In your case, are you still making progress under the bar?

That makes sense. I am still making progress under the bar yes. And the progress described by Mark in terms of body transformation was pretty accurate in my instance and that is why I was curious to know where to road goes from here.