starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programming after a cut?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you've successfully cut weight and are eating sufficiently your best bet would be to run a LP. However, you will always fall short of your capabilities if you don't gain sufficient body weight to gain muscle mass, optimize leverage, and sufficiently fuel your workouts from the caloric surplus. So you'll bean "artificial intermediate" for as long as you train at the low bodyweight. I have found that rebooting LP after cutting works well because there is a rebound effect that occurs where you build muscle mass and regain strength rather quickly and this effect generally persists for a few months. In other words, you are a novice again after "a cut."

Always lurked your posts because they’ve always been informative and helpful and this is no different - thanks a mil Robert!

I came across an article from Lyle McDonald saying smth similar but I just wanted to see what strength coaches thought. Yeah will probably do linear programming for 3-4 weeks and then back to Texas Method.

Won’t be fighting for the next few months anyway so I can afford to gain weight and cut back down later. Still never seen any abs ever so whatever.

Thanks again my dude!

starting strength coach development program
    You are welcome! Let me know if I can help along the way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12