starting strength gym

Thread: Unable to full squat snatch more than my power snatch. Help!!

Default Unable to full squat snatch more than my power snatch. Help!!

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I've been trying to transition into full squat snatches for the past 2 months now. My best power snatch prior to ever attempting a full snatch was 95kg. and I was able to match it in a full snatch eventually. Today i went into a session and missed 82.5 kg , warmed up gain and still missed, then warmed up again but this time powered it. My grip for powers is an inch outside the 36" markings. I'm planning to try widening my grip for the full squat version in my next session. This trick basically worked for my cleans. Any advice please?? YouTube

Overhead squat all your successfully racked power snatches, from warmups to work sets. You will figure it out very quickly.

I've watched all the videos, and i'm following all the instructions, but I hope you can write about the olympic lifts in detail; In an article or preferably as an addition to the starting strength book! Thanks! You are the best!

You're jumping into a really wide stance with your power snatches, its going to be really hard to transfer that into a full-squat snatch.

It'd be better if we had some videos of your squat snatches (made or missed).

If he knows he has to squat all his snatches, he'll stop the lateral split exaggeration very quickly.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks!