starting strength gym

Thread: Running out the Texas Method Phase 2

Default Running out the Texas Method Phase 2

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    1/. Our hypothetical lifter in the example at pages 124-125 of Practical Programming for Strength Training, ran out the Texas Method Phase 2 and he wants to repeat the Texas Method Phase 1 again. What would you recommend as the starting weights for week 1 of the new cycle, for all the exercises in this particular example?
    2/. Is it possible for the Texas Method, not to run out all the strength exercises together? For example is it possible to continue progressing with the Bench Press for 5x5 on Volume day and 1x5 on intensity day, while running out the Squat?

1. Why would you repeat TM phase 1 again?
    2. Yes

Quote Originally Posted by milon View Post
    1/. Our hypothetical lifter in the example at pages 124-125 of Practical Programming for Strength Training, ran out the Texas Method Phase 2 and he wants to repeat the Texas Method Phase 1 again. What would you recommend as the starting weights for week 1 of the new cycle, for all the exercises in this particular example?
    2/. Is it possible for the Texas Method, not to run out all the strength exercises together? For example is it possible to continue progressing with the Bench Press for 5x5 on Volume day and 1x5 on intensity day, while running out the Squat?
    If I run a program a 2nd time I look back through my logs of the weeks (I hope you have a log). I up all the weight (usually 5 lbs on presses and 10 lbs on squats and dead lifts) and run it again. But if it is super easy I will raise it a little more but that is my general rule I follow.

I do not run the same program more then 2 times in a row.

Because the book says that after running out TM phase 1, you can repeat it again (Resetting the weights), or move to the next phase (Cycling intensity).

Ok for question 1 (Yes i have a log).
    I suppose that your answer for question 2 is "Yes"?

When you do this resetting (5 lbs for presses and 10 lbs for Squats and Deadlifts) and run the cycle again, in which week you brake your PR's? Normally with this conservative resetting PR's would come at the last weeks of the new cycle.
    Yes of course i have a log.
    I suppose your answer for question 2 is "Yes"?

Because the book says that after running out TM phase 1, you can repeat it again (Resetting the weights), or move to the next phase (Cycling intensity).