Tweaking Novice LP Tweaking Novice LP - Page 4

starting strength gym
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 52

Thread: Tweaking Novice LP

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    130

    Default

    • wichita falls texas june seminar date
    • woodmere new york july seminar date
    • las vegas nevada august seminar
    Quote Originally Posted by jfsully View Post
    You are getting some shit about your dietary philosophy, as your assumption that you can select which energy pathways your body uses and somehow deactivate others, as if your body is a machine, shows naivete. Are you an engineer by any chance? No matter your diet, your blood glucose level will be normal or high. How are your preventing your mitochondria from utilizing it? And I am curious what are the "5 health ailments" you have cured with this diet. What were they? And what evidence do you have that you have "burned out" your HPA and HPT axes? You are making strange claims, so don't be surprised that you are greeted with skepticism. Many people on these boards have seen a variety of diet "hacks" come and go over many years, and none have been the miracles they were touted to be. And above all, don't take it personally. This is the internet.
    I've done a lot of studying and research on how mitochondria really work, and it's purely quantum mechanical. The way electrons are tunneled on the inner mitochondrial membrane, and protons are tunneled just outside the matrix to set up gradients that drive ATP synthesis as well as heat generation (uncoupled/endotherm mammals), etc. This means that dietary choices are NOT the primary factor that determines fat burning. It turns out the environment plays a massive role in how we handle electrons and protons, and it turns out that electrons from carbohydrates have different power densities than those of fatty acids, because of the season in which they grow. All food has an electromagnetic footprint that our mitochondria are designed to decipher, and understanding the electrodynamics within the electron transport chain is the key to understanding how we REALLY produce and consume energy. It's not a simple macros/calories story. It goes much deeper. Environmental light (i.e. sunlight) and geothermal changes (i.e. temperature/seasons/earth's magnetic field) are the key drives in metabolism, and not food choices.

    My 5 health ailments were: hypogonadism, hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue, leaky gut and seasonal affective disorder. The evidence of HPA and HPT dysfunction were confirmed via tests as well as symptoms. I had a flatlined cortisol rhythm (4x saliva test), symptoms of orthostatic hypotension and tachycardia, low gonadotropins (LH/FSH) and low total and free T, as well as low estradiol.

    Reversing my health ailments involved resyncing my circadian rhythm so my brain could properly sense my environment (i.e. light cycle, and temperature) to set the organ clocks so that my diurnal hormone release was normalized. I also live up in Canada, so when I learned to get my ass into cold water and adapt to the cold, I was able to rewire my hypothalamus to use the temperature gradient to drive energy flow within mitochondria when the sun was weaker and the days shorter. It's all about timing meals, and eating seasonally with the light in mind. This is why I only eat carbs in summer months, and I only eat when the sun is out.

    Now that I have this new perspective, I want to get back into lifting weights with optimally functioning mitochondria so I won't burn out this time, and see how far I can go. So far, I'm already breaking some PRs from when I was a 200 lb bodybuilder on AAS, so I think it's going pretty well, but I think things are going to slow down a little at this point.

    If you want some good info here are some excellent blogs outlining the metabolic pathways I am exploring (the leptin-melanocortin pathway and the PPP):

    https://jackkruse.com/cold-thermogen...ncient-pathway
    EMF 4: Why Might You Need Carbs for Performance? – Dr. Jack Kruse

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt James View Post
    You say you don't care about physique. So why are you so set on staying at 170? Without arguing about the nature of your diet, why not eat enough to get yourself to 190 or so? That's not big by any stretch, but it would put you in a far better position to move heavier weights.

    As far as your programming plan goes, you're talking about cutting volume to a point that you're not going to provide enough stress to drive strength gains. Combined with staying underweight, it sounds like a perfect way to stall completely.

    Now, I don't think that your chosen diet is going to get you to your strength potential. You'll have to prove that to yourself. But I guarantee you that *no* diet is going to get you there if you refuse to eat enough to actually gain the mass you need to get stronger.
    I don't care about my physique in the sense that I don't care about losing any fat, but I also don't want to gain fat, or even gain muscle mass. I want to get stronger at this bodyweight, because again, I want to keep longevity in mind, and carrying extra mass on the muscle-skeletal system just creates another energy hog when our brain and cardiovascular system are already demanding. I'm sure I could afford to gain another 10-15 lbs, but I'm also interested in how the lightweight asian lifters can lift unreal amounts of weight at such low bodyweights. This is why I'm exploring the metabolic pathways I spoke about. The Sherpas leverage this pathway by utilising their cold, hypoxic environments that allow them to burn fat to fuel their superhuman abilities to climb Mount Everest on minimal calories.

    The interesting thing about this pathway is that when cold adapted, your recovery is through the roof. You don't need to train to get stronger, you are always charged up because your mitochondria release heat. In the link I posted of Jack Kruse's blog: The Ancient Pathway, he describes that strength and performance is optimized through this pathway on very little training. And again, so far, being cold-adapted has allowed me to surpass my previous squat PR as a 200 lb bodybuilder on AAS. So I definitely think he's onto something, and IME, I feel a lot stronger lifting in the fasted state than having a pre-workout meal. It must have to do with increased catecholamines from fasting and cold exposure (I usually have a cold shower pre-workout and coffee, and then an ice bath post-workout).

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    143

    Default

    For OP: YouTube

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    41,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kris90 View Post
    It turns out the environment plays a massive role in how we handle electrons and protons, and it turns out that electrons from carbohydrates have different power densities than those of fatty acids, because of the season in which they grow.
    Fascinating.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fascinating.
    That's one word for it.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Garage of GainzZz
    Posts
    2,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kris90 View Post
    Form check video:

    YouTube
    Squats need work. And you're underweight.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kris90 View Post
    You don't need to train to get stronger, you are always charged up because your mitochondria release heat.
    That's good to know!
    Training is feeling so hard lately.

    being cold-adapted has allowed me to surpass my previous squat PR as a 200 lb bodybuilder on AAS.
    Wait, you mean, even as a 200lbs man, in his twenties, on steroids, who trained with weights in some fashion and did squats... you were weaker than now?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    41,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    Wait, you mean, even as a 200lbs man, in his twenties, on steroids, who trained with weights in some fashion and did squats... you were weaker than now?
    Not hard to believe. Kris is much more impressed with his capacities that most of us are. But the two-kinds-of-electrons thing was pretty funny.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kris90 View Post
    I'm also interested in how the lightweight asian lifters can lift unreal amounts of weight at such low bodyweights.
    1) They eat carbs.
    2) They train 5-6 days a week and do shitloads of accessory work.
    3) They recognize that absolute strength is critical to moving the contested lifts quickly.

    Chinese Weightlifting-Be the Fittest

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    130

    Default

    starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander Dargatz View Post
    That's good to know!
    Training is feeling so hard lately.

    Wait, you mean, even as a 200lbs man, in his twenties, on steroids, who trained with weights in some fashion and did squats... you were weaker than now?
    I was doing 5/6 day "bro" splits. So although I did gain some strength, it wasn't my goal. I did not optimize my training for strength. So obviously that's probably a factor in why I'm stronger now (i.e. proper training), but still, the cold/fat adapted pathway is nothing short of amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Not hard to believe. Kris is much more impressed with his capacities that most of us are. But the two-kinds-of-electrons thing was pretty funny.
    I never said there are different kinds of electrons. All electrons are EXACTLY the same in the universe. The only difference is the light/frequency that the electron carries.

    The electron is the force carrier of the electromagnetic force. Electrons from carbohydrates contain HIGHER frequencies than electrons from fats, because of the season in which they grow. When a mammal fattens on carbohydrates, they are capturing the electrons in the ground state while giving off the excess energy. This is why humans are better designed to consume the fat to get those lower powered electrons and use the heat of our mitochondria to tunnel them to produce ATP, metabolic water and CO2. No diet guru would ever have this level of thinking because it is quantum mechanical and not biochemical.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •