starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Tweaking Novice LP

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    everyone i know following conventional wisdom puts on atleast 20 lbs of fat just to gain 10 lbs of muscle unless they are juicing. So go ahead and flame all you want. This was done on a near zero carb diet.
    <CAPSLOCK>why will you not BELIEVE me you dogmatic pricks!</CAPSLOCK>

Quote Originally Posted by kris90 View Post
    Everyone I know following conventional wisdom puts on atleast 20 lbs of fat just to gain 10 lbs of muscle unless they are juicing. So go ahead and flame all you want. This was done on a near zero carb diet.
    If you, and everyone you know, had to put 20 lbs of fat on to gain 10 lbs of muscle, when only weighing a buck fitty, then you, and everyone you know, has no frigging idea what they are doing.

Stop reading your science fiction.

starting strength coach development program
    Just an update. I ended up going back and following the program getting plenty of sleep. Finished my Novice LP this week and moving on to Texas Method next week. This is what I ended with:

Bodyweight: 170 lbs
    Squat: 330x5
    Bench: 235x5
    OHP: 142.5x5
    Deadlift: 420x4

Not bad. Decided to ditch Bench now (I'm not going into powerlifting and my shoulders are a little nagging). Looking forward to hitting a 4 plate squat and 5 plate deadlift with Texas Method.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456