starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Tweaking Novice LP

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by kris90 View Post
    The electron is the force carrier of the electromagnetic force. Electrons from carbohydrates contain HIGHER frequencies than electrons from fats, because of the season in which they grow. When a mammal fattens on carbohydrates, they are capturing the electrons in the ground state while giving off the excess energy. This is why humans are better designed to consume the fat to get those lower powered electrons and use the heat of our mitochondria to tunnel them to produce ATP, metabolic water and CO2. No diet guru would ever have this level of thinking because it is quantum mechanical and not biochemical.
    Fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Fascinating.
    This thread kind of makes me miss Art Bell.

Art was ahead of his time. I'm sure he had this Jack Kruse guy on the show.

1) They eat carbs.
    2) They train 5-6 days a week and do shitloads of accessory work.
    3) They recognize that absolute strength is critical to moving the contested lifts quickly.
    You forgot the part where they are specifically selected for their specific genetic predisposition to perform the specific task...

Just an update (quote from my log):

Thanks carson! Yes it was a 1000 lb total between squat, bench and deadlift 1RM. I haven't tried for any 1RMs since I started this round, but my rep PRs this round are as follows:

Squat: 305x3
    Bench: 220x5
    DL: 390x5

I assume I'm pretty close, or perhaps could hit it now, but we'll see. I'd like to move to triples on bench and deadlifts to get some practice going heavier (I already moved to triples for squats).

I'll be honest, I never would've expected this type of progress in 4 months. Yes, things are slowing down now, but my best strength gains always came from a high carb diet. I used to eat cupcakes before squatting heavy back in my BBing days, and it worked like a charm. I'm happy to say most workouts today I train fasted. Just some coffee and 2mg of nicotine. Not to mention my muscle gains. Yes, I'm not big by any means, but I packed on some mass quickly without carbs. 15 lbs of muscle (no fat gain) which I could've only ever achieved with steroids in the past or I would've had to pack on atleast 20 lbs of fat with that. I've researched that fat-adapted athletes store more intramuscular triglycerides (fat), and that's how we can get jacked without having to use carbs to restore muscle glycogen. I certainly do not look flat at all like most keto-goers who've only done the diet short-term. There's definitely some incredible adaptations that occur if you stick with it long-term.

Just an update (quote from my log):
    Yes, I'm not big by any means, but I packed on some mass quickly without carbs. 15 lbs of muscle (no fat gain) which I could've only ever achieved with steroids in the past or I would've had to pack on atleast 20 lbs of fat with that.
    Fascinating.

You.... couldn't go from 155-170 without steroids? And it was all muscle..? You must have really balanced your sunlight lipid droplet transfer/grounding/carbohydrate photosynthesis rotation system to gain that much muscle.

Fascinating indeed.

Everyone I know following conventional wisdom puts on atleast 20 lbs of fat just to gain 10 lbs of muscle unless they are juicing. So go ahead and flame all you want. This was done on a near zero carb diet.

Everyone you know also hates you.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by wiigelec View Post
    You forgot the part where they are specifically selected for their specific genetic predisposition to perform the specific task...
    Exactly. The government funded, hand picked athletes that make it have been lifting for ten years before most Americans even start.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast