starting strength gym

Thread: Critique of my current custom beginner program

Default Critique of my current custom beginner program

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello, first time poster here I wanted to know what you thought of my current program I wrote for myself. Personal Push/Pull beginner linear progression

Been lifting for 6 years off and on and used to be fairly strong(intermediate level), now i have detrained back to a beginner and came up with a simple LP program to regain lost strength

I want to get stronger in the basic barbell lifts + chin ups, also I want to do this while slowly losing weight or recomping (im like 23% bf right now so I think this can work)

Other info: Age:26, Weight:205, Sex:M, recovery: good, natural

———————-

Routine:

All lifts are with 1-3 (aiming for 2) reps in reserve and as fast as possible

Monday (push day A):

Low bar squat, 3x5

Bench press, 3x5

Face Pulls 2x8-12

Planks 3x, Amrap leg raises, amrap russian twists (do a different ab exercise of these three every workout)

Tuesday (pull day B):

Deadlift 1x5, then 1x5 @ 80% of 1rm for back off set

Weighted chin up 3x5

Pendlay Row 2x5

Wednesday:

Rest

Thursday:

Push day A

Friday:

Push day B

Saturday:

Push day A

Sunday:

Push day B

————————

Progression:

I will Run this program until it is necessary to change or modify program

I Plan to go up 5lbs every workout if all sets and reps were completed

If reps are missed next session I try the same weights and if I miss three same workouts in a row then next time I reduce weight by 10% and work back up

Removing one of the workout days is also an option for me if I start stalling

The rest day can also be moved around based on how I am are feeling

Also I know that there could be recovery issues due to secondary muscles being worked on consecutive days, in the beginning this split is just for convenience but I am considering putting the Overhead pressing, rowing, and chins on Push A and the Squatting on Pull A and will definitely do that if there are recovery issues

Also i have been dealing with minor left hip pain(tendonitis i think, also started happening before current program when i was doing NLP about 8 months back)

The reason why I am doing this instead of NLP is I want to progress in all the lifts 3x a week until im back at old strength level