starting strength gym

Thread: Please critique modified TM for Hypertrophy phase

Default Please critique modified TM for Hypertrophy phase

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    HI all,

I have been running TM 3 day split for about 2 months with very good success and gotten stronger than I thought I would which is great.

However I would like to run an expriment on myself with a more hypertophy focussed TM version. Please critique.

The only variable to the traditional TM template I would like to change is instead of 5x5s change them to 4x8s and keep the 5RM/(1RM Friday) in on intensity days. In terms of percentages instead of 90% for volume etc. using a more hypertophic range of 70-75%.

Quote Originally Posted by smallwrists View Post
    HI all,

I have been running TM 3 day split for about 2 months with very good success and gotten stronger than I thought I would which is great.

However I would like to run an expriment on myself with a more hypertophy focussed TM version. Please critique.

The only variable to the traditional TM template I would like to change is instead of 5x5s change them to 4x8s and keep the 5RM/(1RM Friday) in on intensity days. In terms of percentages instead of 90% for volume etc. using a more hypertophic range of 70-75%.
    What lifts will you be doing this for? What's your current programming setup? What loads are you handling for each lift? Lots more detail is needed for a solid answer but basically:

Reps ranges don't equal hypertrophy unless what you're handling for those "hypertrophy range" reps are heavy. How heavy? Depends. Give it a shot and see what happens. Make sure Friday keeps going up. If it starts to go backwards, you're fucking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Delgadillo View Post
    What lifts will you be doing this for? What's your current programming setup? What loads are you handling for each lift? Lots more detail is needed for a solid answer but basically:

Reps ranges don't equal hypertrophy unless what you're handling for those "hypertrophy range" reps are heavy. How heavy? Depends. Give it a shot and see what happens. Make sure Friday keeps going up. If it starts to go backwards, you're fucking up.
    Thank you. I was thinking of applying to all lifts but after giving it more though I'll rather apply the change to just OHP to start. I'm using the Basic TM. Will give it a shot!