starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4-Day Split Program Review

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Increasing for a short period, then resetting from q slightly higher weight. An example six week cycle:

Weeks 1-3: 5x5 at 65%, 70%, 75%
    Week 4-6: 5x5 at 67%, 72%, 77%

Quote Originally Posted by badLifter View Post
    They're not really available here in the EUSSR, aren't they?

Just a side question, coach. What progression model do you suggest for intermediate lifters? Weekly jumps of 2 kg/1 kg? Waving the weights every few weeks?

I've read PPST a few times, but it's very Texas method heavy, and very little is said on progressing the 4 day split.
    There's an article by Andy Baker called Understanding the Texas Method Intensity Day that fills in some of the gaps (at least it did for me). Running out singles and then cycling rep ranges, and more concrete examples of what that can look like. I found it very helpful as a supplement to PPST and has helped me program my own 4day split.

Quote Originally Posted by badLifter View Post
    Increasing for a short period, then resetting from q slightly higher weight. An example six week cycle:

Weeks 1-3: 5x5 at 65%, 70%, 75%
    Week 4-6: 5x5 at 67%, 72%, 77%
    My thoughts on programming are discussed here: Practical Programming for Strength Training, 3rd edition – The Aasgaard Company

Not a coach but your numbers seem low. Have you tried doing the nlp as written? Without any extra stuff? It might be form issues that are holding you back. Food for thought. good luck!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Conners View Post
    Not a coach but your numbers seem low. Have you tried doing the nlp as written? Without any extra stuff? It might be form issues that are holding you back. Food for thought. good luck!
    kg not lbs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12