starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Work-induced recovery issues and elbow pain (tendonitis?) + other questions.

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I went to the gym today and Bench Press and Deadlift went fine but I only did one set of 5 at 225 on squat because Bench Press already aggravated the elbow and I didn't want to make it too much worse. It doesn't really hurt so much while actually squatting but it does the mostafter I finish a set on the inside of the elbow. I did the chinup tendonitis protocol and managed to get in 24 sets of 5, and could have done a few more but my hands were starting to get blisters. It didn't make my elbow hurt at all though which makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong? I did take 400 mg ibuprofen a bit before going to the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenonabun View Post
    I went to the gym today and Bench Press and Deadlift went fine but I only did one set of 5 at 225 on squat because Bench Press already aggravated the elbow and I didn't want to make it too much worse. It doesn't really hurt so much while actually squatting but it does the mostafter I finish a set on the inside of the elbow. I did the chinup tendonitis protocol and managed to get in 24 sets of 5, and could have done a few more but my hands were starting to get blisters. It didn't make my elbow hurt at all though which makes me wonder if I'm doing something wrong? I did take 400 mg ibuprofen a bit before going to the gym.
    Are you doing the exercises in the suggested order? i.e. 1) Squat 2)Bench 3)Deadlift Not sure that is causing your issue but your comment indicates you bench before you squat.

Isn't chinup tendonitis protocol 25 sets of 2 (not 5), and isn't it supposed to be effective over the course of 3 (ish) weeks? (not 3 days!). Elbow Tendonitis, Deadlift 3x/week? How do your lats feel after 25 sets of 5? Did that take you an hour itself?

hill.1338 gets it. These are replies from someone that has followed SS and succeeded. Sound advice.
    OP is trolling.

Definitley not trolling... I’m not sure what I did to make anyone think that. I did bench first because I wanted to make sure I could actually do it and not aggravate the elbow too bad with squat first. Next time I will squat first. My lats and biceps got pretty worked from the chinups but I’m only a little bit sore today, it probably took me about 40 minutes. Rip did say do 25 sets of 2 and work up to 30 sets of 5 so I was trying to do that because I knew 25 sets of two would be too easy, I can do three sets of 10 for normal work sets.

starting strength coach development program
    I’m a mason and understand where work can seem to beat you up and hurt your lifts. When I was 24 I was still a tender, so was mixing 5,000lbs of mortar by hand a day, moving blocks up and down stairs, etc., doing mma four times a week and ran the nlp to a 400lb deadlift. I’d ask Santana his thoughts on this because you probably have a recovery issue. Some things I noticed that helped was taking creatine and adding a scoop or two of whey with each meal, but was already consuming a ton of carbs via pabts blue ribbon, but you could probably benefit from more carbs more than anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12