starting strength gym

Thread: Low back muscles fatigue - normal?

Question Low back muscles fatigue - normal?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hi, I've started classic Starting Strength program for 2 weeks already and currently I feel my low back muscles get fatigued so yesterday I could not even finish the targeted deadlift set. I go to gym once in 2 days, could it be that those muscles just have not enough time to recover or could it be problem with the technique of squats & deadlifts? Or could it be that those muscles are the weakest in my body so the get the most load?

:grabs crystal ball: :stares at tea leaves: :throws bones in air: :consults tarot cards:

What does the book say: read the chapter with the heading "muscles and soreness".

"Soreness and injuries" doh.

Hi, there is no need for "classic" adjective before Starting Strength. There is only one program that can be referd to as SS program - the Starting Strength Program.

If you are looking for help you need to give us some basic info about yourself. Age, weight, how much you lift, etc. I believe it is all written in one of the stickies.

If yours erectors are the weakest muscles in your body then you have some serious problem.

And most important - 99% chance that your questions has been answered in this article

The First Three Questions | Mark Rippetoe

Thanks for all answers. I concluded two things:

* I miscalculated the weight increment: I'm in Europe and I read and converted the 5 lbs several times but somehow landed doing 5 Kg increment (11 lbs?) which should be way too much
    * I also think I did not allow enough rest between the sets

Going to skip at least one planned training now, may be just do only upper body exercises and try to double check the squat technique once again.

If your lower back is sore, your technique is off.